Chapter Twelve

Juliane's eyes scan the fajitas side of the Puerta Carne menu, waiting for Breanna to arrive. Juliane a little bit early.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," she hears her come in a few minutes later, sliding in the booth across from her.

"Hey, you look like you're still drunk," Juliane smirks, winking at her best friend.

"Ugh, I can't do shots anymore. I forget I'm turning into a wimp as I get older. But you guys looked like you had a good time last night."

"Yeah it was a good time."

"I'm going to do some wedding planning stuff today if you want to come with?" Breanna invites.

"Yeah that's fine. The longer I get to stay out rather than going back to my parents, the better."

"What's wrong?" her friend asks concerned.

"Trevor evidently got a vasectomy before he came out here," Juliane answers, setting her menu down and taking a sip of her water.

"I'm sorry, he did what? Did you say he got a vasectomy?"

"Yeah he got a vasectomy before he came out here," Juliane repeats -- getting more angry at the thought.

"I'm sorry. Did he come here wanting you to murder him or wanting you to leave him?"

Juliane chuckles, loving Breanna so much. "I don't know."

"Well, which one of those two options will I be helping you with? I know a guy with a farm. We could totally bury a body there," she smirks. Juliane watches her friend, Breanna always being a go getter and down to whatever, even if it was murder apparently.

"Thanks Bre."

"But really, what are you doing to do? I thought you wanted more kids?"

"I do want them," she nods. "Trevor is just so obsessed with finding out who did what they did."

"So, he thinks you can't at least try to move on with your life in the meantime?"

"No. He's afraid it's going to happen again."

"Juliane, I'm sorry. What are you going to do?"

"Not worry about it right now and help you wedding plan," she winks at her best friend.

"You're the best."

"Hey girl," Juliane smiles, kneeling to Bella as she runs out of the barn doors. She scratches vigorously behind the dog's ears.

"She found her best friend again," Link walks out.

"She's awesome."

"She's not the only one," he says softly.

"Alright," Breanna smirks, "so the barn."

The three and the dog walk into the barn, Link going over the plans with Breanna since she is getting married in there. Juliane watches as Éliane walks in and immediately strikes up a conversation with Breanna.

"Did you have fun last night? " Link asks her.

"Yeah it was good."

"That's good. So how's it having Trevor around?"

"Fine," she answers short.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"You don't have any pets back home?" he asks, Juliane leaning down and petting Bella once again.

"No, we thought about it but never got one."

"I don't think I could ever not have a pet."

"Well if she comes up missing, don't think anything of it," Juliane winks, giving him a hard time.

"Don't make me chase you down," he chuckles. "I'm surprised Trevor isn't with you. If I were him, I would be with you as much as I possibly could be."

"Yeah well, he's kind of in the dog house."

"What happened? I mean, if you don't mind me asking."

"Nothing to concern yourself with," she smiles over at him.

"Alright then. Still coming by for dinner?"

"Yeah I should be there."

"Alright, I will see you then," he waves, walking back to the house with Éliane. Breanna and Juliane heading back to the car.

"What?" Juliane looks at Breanna.

"Oh nothing."