Chapter Thirty-Three

The next six months have flown by for both Link and Juliane. Juliane and Trevor divorcing. The divorce went smoothly, Trevor not blaming her for wanting to get out of the marriage. It's two months after the divorce, Juliane steadily moving her belongings in with Link.

Both laying in bed, the early morning light shining through as Juliane feels lips on her bare back.

"Coffee and waffles?" she hears Link's rugged morning voice.

"Definitely coffee," she nods.

"I will make you coffee," he laughs, kissing the top of her head and walking out.

She gets dressed a few minutes later and makes her way downstairs, smelling both coffee and waffles. She slides on the barstool.

"I think we should go into the city tonight," he says, turning and looking at her.

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"Well then sure," she smiles. "After I take care of this headache, because you made me drink all that wine last night," she laughs.

"I didn't force the wine bottle down your throat," he smirks, shaking his head, turning the stove down and bringing over a mug of coffee and some Advil.

"What are you doing?" she smiles.

"I'm taking care of your head," he slides the coffee in front of her, dropping the Advil in her hand. "I want to take care of you everyday. I want to wake up to you and make you coffee every morning and I want to take care of everything about you."

Juliane smiles, looking at him oddly but loving how sweet he's being -- taking the medicine.

"And I want to grow old with you. I want to travel the world with you. I want to fall asleep with you and wake up with you, you truly do things to me that I never thought was possible."

She watches as he drops to one knee, digging into his pajama pants pocket.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you more than I ever though I could love someone. I was going to do this last night, but I felt like this morning would be better. Juliane, will you make me the happiest, luckiest man in the world and marry me?" he smiles, opening the box.

Her head instantly nods. "Yes, yes," she sets the mug down, wrapping her arms around his neck to hug him, pulling away and giving him a few pecks on the lips. "We better take a picture and send to mom."

"Yeah," Link chuckles, "she might have already seen it."

"She's still getting a picture," Juliane laughs, holding out her hand and snapping a photo.

"I'm starting to feel like I might be subjected to a lot of pictures soon."

"I love you," she laughs, looking at him.

"I love you too," he nods, watching her stare at the ring when the morning light catches it. "You don't want to know how long I've had that."

"How long?"

"I bought it when we were in London visiting my family," he smiles.

"You've had this for over two months?"

"Yes," he nods, wrapping his arms around her. "I've known that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you for quite some time now."

"I love you," she says once more, kissing him again.

"I love you too. Alright, I have more waffles to make," he says, kissing her forehead and going back to cooking.