Chapter Ten

"Something seems off about the guy," Trevor says as the two get back to her parents.

"What do you mean?" Juliane looks over confused, but can only imagine what his answer is going to be.

"Just like he wasn't all over that Éliane girl. I asked him a few questions about him and he didn't really answer," Trevor shrugs. "I don't know, plus she seemed like she had some sort of accent or something."

"I think she's French. I'm not sure," Juliane says, taking the earrings out of her ears.

"I might look into them," Trevor says nonchalantly.

"Trevor," Juliane sighs.

"What? I don't get it Juliane, how can you not want to find out what happened?"

"I'm talking about them."

Trevor sighs, taking a deep breath. "Juliane I have to tell you something," he says, sitting down on the bed.

"Okay?" Juliane looks on confused.

"Before I left, I um, had a vasectomy."

"What?" her eyes growing wide.

"I just," he sighs, "I can't have what happened before happen again. I can't risk having another kid and having something happen."

"And you didn't think about talking to me first about it. That's a big decision Trevor."

"What was there to talk about?"

"Trevor, we can't live in fear that it's going to happen again," she says, walking towards her husband. "We are married. We talk about these things instead of just going and doing it."

"Juliane, I am not bringing another kid into this fucked up world."

"I don't even want to look at you right now," she nods, walking away.

"Juliane, come on. You have to take my opinion into account."

"We have totally different opinions."

"Well what the hell do you want me to do?"

"Go home and get it reversed."

"That's not happening," Trevor chuckles.

Juliane shakes her head.

"Say something," he pleads with her.

"I told you Trevor, I can't look at you. You're so obsessed with everything. You're obsessed with running background checks and checking details of every single person you meet. None of this shit that you're doing is going to bring Morgan back. I'm sorry. You think it will, but it won't."

Not saying anything, he grabs his pillow and heads downstairs.