Chapter Twenty-Four

A few days later, Link and Juliane have landed in California -- getting a rental car and heading to a hotel where Link will be staying. Juliane not planning on staying with him at first, not until she confronts Trevor.

"What do you think about spending a little time here first?" he asks, setting his bag down in the corner of the room.

"I already told Trevor I landed. He'll probably expect me home in about half an hour or so."

"How far away from your house are we?" he asks, kissing her forehead.

"Like twelve minutes."

"So, what you're saying is there's time?"

"Mhm, there is," she smiles, wrapping her arms around his neck, softly kissing him.

"Keep your phone with you and call me if you need anything at all or if you start to get worried, promise me," he looks at her. Both sitting in her driveway.

"Okay," she nods.

"I'll be waiting to hear from you," he nods. He watches as she gets out and heads inside, pulling away and hoping everything will go smoothly. About thirty minutes after being dropped off by Link she hears the front door open, Trevor walking through.

"Hey," he smiles, leaning over and kissing her. "It's good to see you home finally."

"Yep," she answers short and sweet -- cooking dinner.

"I think you should not worry about dinner and we should go upstairs first," he smiles at her.

"Trevor it's almost done."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she laughs. "I'm hungry."

"Alright," he nods as he sets the table. They sit and eat, silence filling the room for a bit. Once their dinner is almost consumed, Trevor opens his mouth. "So do you want to go out and see a movie or something?"

"No, I want to stay in."

"Alright, do you want to watch a movie?"

Once making sure her phone is right beside her, she looks over at Trevor. "How's business?"

"Alright I guess," she shrugs.

Her eyes are distracted as a car pull up into their driveway. "Who's here?"

"Shit Juliane we have to go," he shoots up out of his chair.

"Why?!" she yells, seeing several bigger men getting out of the car in their driveway.

"These guys are probably here to kill me," Trevor says, grabbing her arm.

"Yeah I know," she looks at him.

"What? How?" he asks but no answer as the door beings to move. The guys trying to kick it in.

"We need to get out of here first," she says, her voice shaky.