Chapter Thirty-Two

Being released from the hospital is a great feeling, at least that's what Link thought a month after being shot in that hotel room. He's moving around a lot better, with the help of therapy staff and of course, Juliane. He packs his bag up, waiting for the nurse to discharge him. He looks up when the door opens, Juliane walking through with two smoothies in tow. She thrusts one in his direction.

"Here, drink this," she instructs.

"What is that?" he gives her a look but taking it.

"Don't ask questions," she rolls her eyes, taking a sip of her own.

He returns the look and takes a sip. When he realizes it's not that bad, he takes another sip. "So are you trying to poison me with fruit or something?" he winks at her.

"It's good for you."

"Mhm, here we go. You start dating someone and suddenly they try to change you, making me healthier and stuff," he winks one more, giving poor Juliane a hard time.

"Don't complain," she shakes her head at him.

"I'm not complaining. I'm harassing," he says, taking another sip. "So are you excited to get back to the States?"

"Yes, no offense, but I like it better over there. I can't deal with the rain constantly," she chuckles.

"Mhm, when we come to visit, I will take you to country side, you'll like it more."

The nurse walks in. "Alright, are we ready to go?" she smiles.

"Hell yes," Link answers.