Chapter Forty-Three

"Hey L," Dan says, looking up from the desk.

"Éliane is lying," Link hands him the CD. "Trevor didn't do anything we didn't already know. If she could get throw into a hole somewhere, I'd appreciate it."

He smirks, taking the CD from Link and popping it into the computer -- watching the footage.

"She killed an infant..." Dan looks on shocked.

"If you promise to keep it sort of professional, I'll let you handle her," Dan gives him a stern look.

"I will be completely honest with you, if I ever see her again, I will kill her and I am not exaggerating."

"Then if you can't handle it, go talk to Trevor."

"I'll take care of it," Link nods, walking into the room where Trevor is still stowed away.

Trevor looks up, not saying a word.

"Why didn't you say anything about Éliane before?" he asks, sitting down across from the accused.

"Because I thought this would just all blow over. I didn't want Juliane to know. I was ready to live with it. I wanted her to move on."

"That's her child," Link sighs. "You were going to let someone get away with murdering your child."

Trevor looks down at his hands. "I'm sorry," he says softly, tears running down his cheeks.

"You don't need to apologize to me, but I know someone you need to apologize too."

Trevor nods.

"I'm going to bring you back with me."

"What? You're...you're allowed to do that?"

"You didn't do anything that you didn't have immunity for."

"Juliane?" she hears name as she walks out of the laundry room to greet Link.

"Hey," she smiles a little.

"I have someone here that wants to tell you something."

"Okay?" she asks confused.

"Trevor is here."

"What? Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Maybe, but I want us to be able to start our marriage without anything holding us back and I think you might have some things you need to say to him."

Juliane sighs. "Where is he?"

"He's outside."

She walks past him and to the front door, opening it up and seeing him standing there.

"I'm so sorry Juliane, I'm so fucking sorry," Trevor pleads, falling down to his knees and beginning to cry. "I'm so goddamned sorry."

Swallowing hard, she watches him go down before getting down on her knees as well -- wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tight.

"I'm so sorry," he pleads again.

"Why..."

"I wanted to give you everything and I thought the money would help."

"I had you. That was good enough for me," she says softly. Link walking back inside.

"I fucked up so badly. I had everything and I fucked it up."

Juliane pulls away. "I forgive you," she says softly. "You need to get some help."

"I know."

She kisses his forehead and stands up, helping him up.

"If I was him, I would have never brought me here," Trevor says, getting up.

"He's a good guy."

"I really do love you more than anything."

"I know."

They walk back into the house and see Link pouring himself a glass of bourbon. Juliane walks over, sliding her hand on Link's back.

"Can I get one of those?" Trevor nods to the bottle of bourbon.

"Of course," Link nods, pouring him a glass and handing it to him. "There's a few spare rooms, you can stay here for a couple nights."

"Are you sure?"

"I think you've put yourself through more then we could do to you. I think the best thing you could do is forgive yourself. Your daughter deserves for you do something better with yourself and if you need a few peaceful nights to make that happen then yes, you can stay here," Link nods.

"Thanks Link," Trevor smiles.

"Of course," he pushes out his hand.

"Where's the bathroom?"

Link gives him directions to find the bathroom that is upstairs where the two spare rooms are. He finishes his drink and sets the glass down, Juliane standing right beside him still.

"I love you Link," she smiles.

"Your ex-husband is sleeping in our house, you better love me all night," he winks at her. "I better get him some clothes or something."