Chapter Seventeen

"I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time," Link chuckles, their hands loosely together as they walk out of the theatre a couple hours later.

"Me either," she smiles. Once they get into the car, she feels his hands slide onto her hips and her back lightly pressed against the car. He leans in and kisses her softly on the lips.

"I loved watching you laugh tonight," he says softly.

"You did?" she asks, smiling into the kiss.

"Of course, it was my favorite part of the show," he nods, sliding his hand onto her cheek and softly kissing her again.

"Juliane?" she hears her name, pulling away and turning to see Kyle and Breanna.

"Oh hey guys," Juliane smiles.

Link clears his throat. "Hey," he smiles a little, his voice changing back.

"Whatcha doing in the city?" Breanna asks. Juliane noting the smirk.

"Um," she looks over at Link. "We caught the play at the theater."

"Well that sounds like fun. I guess we'll leave you guys to it then. I'll call you tomorrow," Breanna winks and pulls Kyle away.

"So would you like me to take you back to your parents?" he asks softly.

"No, but that's where I need to go," she smiles.

"Understood," he nods, opening the door for her then getting in and driving back to town. "Well I had an amazing time with you," he says softly as they pull up and get out -- walking up the porch steps.

"I had a good time too even though we saw Breanna and Kyle," Juliane chuckles.

"I had an amazing time and don't even care that we saw them," he nods, sliding his hands onto her hips.

Juliane leans against the door. She watches as he leans in for the kiss, Juliane letting him in. They both hear the door unlock. The door opens and there stands her dad.

"Oh I thought you might have forgotten your key," he says to his daughter.

"No I'm okay, go back to sleep," Juliane smiles at her father.

He nods and closes the door.

"Well I guess I should go."

"If you have too," she says softly.

"I don't have to go anywhere."

Juliane smiles, opening the door and stepping in, letting him follow her. They walk into the kitchen, both getting a water. "Do you want to sit outside?" she asks.

"Yeah of course, whatever you'd like," he nods as he follows her outside, sitting down on the porch swing. "What are you thinking?"

"That you're amazing and that I really hope that we have a lot more nights like tonight," he answers.

Juliane rests her head on his shoulder.

"What are you thinking?" he repeats the question.

"That why I didn't meet you a long time ago."

"I guess you should have taken a vacation to Europe," he winks at her.

"I should have."

"And I guess I should have taken a trip to the states."

"It's okay," she says softly, still resting her head against his shoulder and just enjoying each other's company.

After an hour, Link speaks up. "I probably should head home. Bella is probably a little tired listening to French soap operas."

"Éliane?" Juliane smirks.

Link nods. "I've caught her watching them before. She is adamant that she never normally watches," he says, leaning in and kissing her softly. "Will I see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah possibly."

"Well, you know where I am," he says standing up. "Sweet dreams."

She watches as he walks away and into his car. Walking inside and back into the kitchen, she sees her mother. "Did you have fun?" she asks, prying into her evening -- something she does best.

"Yeah I did. It's been a while since I've had fun like that and been out on an actual date."

"I'm so happy for you honey," her mom smiles, giving her daughter a hug.

"Why do I feel guilty though?"

"Well because you thought you'd be with Trevor forever. We all have ideas of how our lives will be and when it doesn't happen when plans change we feel guilty or disappointed."

"Well, I feel guilty that I went on a date with Link and that I've kissed him."

"Well what do you want to do about Trevor?"

"I don't now," Juliane sighs.

"What feels right to you?"

"I love Trevor even after everything we've been through I do but he's changed mom. He's not the carefree, bubbly personality Trevor that I married. He's just so quiet, dark..."

"And what does he say when you mention this to him?"

"I mean he doesn't really say anything else. Ever since the burglary happened he just, I don't know. He's not the Trevor I married."

"I know honey," her mom sighs. "We can all tell. Do you think that it might be time to try to move on?"

Juliane sighs, sitting down and running a hand through her hair.

"You deserve to be happy and if this is the way Trevor wants to be for the rest of his life then it's his choice, but you need to think about yourself honey. It's your life after all," Jan smiles at her daughter.