Chapter Twenty-One

With Trevor back in Arizona, the two sit down for dinner and talk amongst themselves before heading back to the house.

"How was dinner?" Jan asks her daughter as they step through the door.

"It was good."

"Well that's good."

"I'm pretty tired, do you wanna head to bed?" Trevor asks yawning.

"Yeah that's fine, night mom," she kisses her cheek and following him upstairs.

"I was thinking, maybe we should head home."

"Did you come all the way to Arizona to tell me that?" she asks, sitting down on the bed.

"I mean, I missed you but yeah of course I want you to come home and when I asked you over the phone you didn't seem like you wanted to. I don't trust that Link guy and I don't like you being here around him."

"There is nothing wrong with Link," Juliane defends.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I just know."

"So, are you saying you're not going to come home?" Trevor sighs. "Juliane, don't you think you've been here long enough trying to teach me a lesson."

"This had nothing to do with teaching you a lesson," Juliane says, a look of disgust taking over her face.

"Sure it didn't, you were pissed because I got the vasectomy. Why else are you still here?"

"Because I'm with my family and friends Trevor," she stands up.

"So when are you going to come home then?" he asks once more.

"Don't you have to leave for work again soon?"

"Yeah in a few days."

"So I'm going home and you're going to leave again? Yeah that sounds fun."

"So what?" Trevor asks frustrated. "You're not coming home again because I have to go out of town for work. Are you going to come home or not?"

"Why are you being so forceful?" she crosses her arms.

"Because you're my wife. You should be at home."

"You didn't mind my trips to Arizona before."

"You never stayed this long before and you would always know when you were coming home, now you can't give me answers."

"I haven't been home because of you," she looks at him.

"Why? How is this my fault? I've been trying to fix it," he says, getting louder.

"We've already had this argument and I'm not about to have it with you again. You are obsessed. The Trevor I married, is the Trevor that kissed me when he first arrived here. The Trevor that took me out to dinner and made me feel like a wife should, not this," she shakes her head.

"Juliane, shit has happened to us. We can't ignore what happened. I came back here to show you I was the same person and I am."

Juliane sighs, stepping closer and resting her head against his chest. His arms tighten around her.

"Juliane, you know that I love you. How does this sound, after I get home from my work trip you come home with me?"

"Okay," she nods.

"Okay," he smiles, leaning in and kissing her softly.