Chapter Twenty-Eight

The next morning, Juliane is woken up by the sunlight shining in from the window. She stretches and moves out of the suns path but, doesn't feel another body beside her. She opens her eyes and sees the spot beside her empty but notices a note on the pillow.

"Juliane, I didn't want to ruin last night by telling you that I am boarding a plane this morning to go and try to get Trevor. Last night was amazing and I love you so much. Éliane is going to be watching after you until I get back so try not to give her too hard of a time and I will see you soon -- Lincoln."

She sighs when she sees "boarding a plan." Tossing the note back on the nightstand and laying back into the bed. Her eyes adjust to see the time as 8:44. Sitting up, she hears the birds chirping and what seems to be a beautiful day beyond the huge windows. Her thoughts are interrupted by a light knock on the door.

"Juliane?" she hears Éliane's voice.

"It's open," she calls out, climbing out of bed and gathering her hair in a high ponytail on top of her head. She sees Éliane walk in with a bag from a cafe and a couple of coffees.

"I'm assuming that you know he left?" she asks, handing over a cup of coffee.

"Yeah," she nods, holding up the note and setting it back down. "Oh thank you," she says, taking the coffee and pastry.

"He never has been wonderful with goodbyes," Éliane smiles, taking a sip. "I have been given specific instructions to keep you occupied until this whole thing is over and I would actually like to get some good food, so would you like to go to France?"

"Wait...what?" she looks at her, not sure if she heard correct.

Éliane shrugs. "We're in Europe and with what Link is going to do is not going to be a one day thing so we can just hop the train and head into France."

"O...okay," she laughs a little.