Chapter Twenty-Five

"Hey," Link picks up the phone but no one on the other end. He's about to hang up before he hears yelling but not from Juliane or even Trevor. A foreign voice. "Juliane, what's going on?" he asks into the phone. He listens to everything that is going on on the other end, a lot of yelling, mainly towards Trevor in a different language. Link doesn't hesitate, racing to his car. He rushes there, not obeying the laws of the road. He makes a call to Éliane who is right on his tail following.

Meanwhile, the huge, burly men tie up Juliane and Trevor to chairs in the kitchen, one of the other guys grabbing Juliane. They begin to question him, getting physical with him when needed and threatening to do things to Juliane as well. Trevor barely understanding what they're asking, Trevor repeating he doesn't know.

Juliane keeps quiet, hearing cars pull up. The men begin to freak out and pull out their guns. Both Trevor and Juliane are immediately grabbed, the men trying to escape with them. They are greeted at the door, guns drawn by Link and Éliane, aka Nicolette.

"Link!" Juliane yells.

A loud pop echoes as the guy holding Juliane goes down. The other perps escaping with Trevor. Link runs over to Juliane.

"Juliane, are you okay?" he kneels down beside her, sliding his hands on her neck.

She nods, trembling but wrapping her arms around his neck.

"It'll be okay, just breathe," he says, holding onto her tightly. Éliane grabbing zipties out of her pocket and binding a few guys that she subdued. "Did they do anything to you?" he asks.

"No," she hakes her head.

"Thank god," he sighs in relief, leaning in and kissing her softly on the lips. "Did they say anything that you might have recognized?"

She shakes her head.

"We need to get out of here before someone else shows up," he announces, helping her up.

"Where's Trevor?" Juliane asks.

"They took him. I will find him okay?"

"You okay?" Éliane walks in.

"Yes."

"Where's Trevor work at?" Éliane asks, looking around at all the damage.

"About twenty minutes from here," Juliane answers.

"Does he ever do any work on his computer at home?"

"He has a laptop yeah."

"Go upstairs, grab anything you wouldn't want someone else to grab and put it in the car," Link instructs. "I'm going to go through Trevor's stuff while Éliane gets his computer."

Doing as instructed, she takes the steps two at a time and into her room, grabbing items most valuable to her and stuffing them in a backpack. Once collecting everything, she heads back downstairs to join Éliane and Link. When they leave, Éliane goes to Trevor's work place and Link takes Juliane to a hotel.

"I'm so sorry Juliane," he says as she sits down on the bed.

"It's okay," she answers softly.

"No it's not. He got himself into this shit but you do care about him so I will get him back and take care of every single last person that could have had anything to do with what happened to your daughter."

Juliane swallows hard.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

A few minutes later, Éliane walks in, carrying a few things, including a computer and some paperwork.

"Sit down and relax," Link says, standing up and walking over to her.

An hour later, Juliane walks up to Éliane and Link who are on Trevor's computer. "What are you finding?" she asks. The two also going through some documents they found in the office.

"Nothing too surprising so far. So far it looks like his business partners had gotten greedy then Trevor started to take part, so instead of laundering the money they started spending some of it themselves," Link answers, sliding his hand on her thigh. "Are you sure you want to get involved in this?"

"I want to know everything."

"Okay," he nods as he directs his attention back to the computer. Juliane disappearing into the bathroom. They find more information out as to who Trevor was working for and who they were working with.

"This is a mess," Éliane exclaims.

"Yeah I think the cartel he was working for was funneling money for a terrorist organization," Link exclaims, speaking in French.

"She has no idea," Éliane replies back in French.

"I know."