Chapter Thirteen

Walking into her parents house, she goes upstairs, no trace of Trevor anywhere. She descends the stairs and walks into the living room where her parents are -- already knowing the answer.

"He left, didn't he?" her jaw clenches.

"Yes, I'm sorry honey," her mom sighs.

"I didn't do anything wrong."

"You're right. You aren't the one who messed up."

"I mean no one messed up. We were at the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't see why he can't understand that or wrap his mind around it."

"I know honey," her mom sighs, "but he should be able to support you, you know? You two need each other more than ever."

"Yeah," Juliane smirks. "I know. I'm going to shower."

As she's walking up to her old room, her phone dings in her pocket -- a text from Link coming through and asking her if there is any food she dislikes. She replies that she is not picky. She dials Trevor, but no answer. Sighing, she leaves a voicemail before hanging up. Sitting there, her thoughts immediately go to Link -- thoughts she shouldn't be having for a married woman. But, she can't help it, thinking about Link's rugged look. The complete opposite of Trevor. She gets undressed for her shower, before veering off the path and sending a provocative picture before.