Chapter Seven

Everyone digs into the delicious food that Link has prepared. Everyone eating and having a good time. Juliane can't help but keep her eye on Éliane, noticing the hint of an accent she has as she continues to drink. But, what kind is it she thinks to herself, French? British maybe? She never heard it earlier.

"How's it going?" her thoughts are interrupted as she looks over to find Link sidling up next to her.

"Nothing, just watching the corn hole game."

"Good. I'm glad you're having fun."

"I have," she nods. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time."

"You deserve to have fun everyday."

The night winds down, leaving just Juliane, Link, Breanna, Kyle and Éliane left, sitting around the fire.

"Are you ladies ready to go?" Kyle looks over at Breanna and Juliane.

"Yeah I'm sleepy," Breanna laughs.

Éliane says goodnight before disappearing into the guest house. Link following them to the car.

"Well I'm glad you had a good time tonight and you are welcome to come by whenever you want. I'm usually always here in the evenings unless I'm out with these two," he motions towards Kyle and Breanna.

"Noted," she smiles. They say bye and pile in the car, pulling out of Link's driveway.

"Mhm, he definitely likes you," Breanna grins.

"Yeah I know," Juliane chuckles. "It's very obvious."

"Too bad you're married and I'm getting married because I'd totally hit it," Breanna smiles. Kyle can't help but laugh.

"Oh she's never living that one down," Kyle smirks as they pile into Kyle's truck, heading home.

Watching them pull away, Link heads back inside. He sees Éliane sitting at the counter in the kitchen, drinking some water.

"No reste pas," Link says softly in French, translating to do not stay. Éliane trying hard to convince Link to sleep around with her since they got to Arizona. Rolling her eyes, she walks away.