Chapter Eight

Standing in the airport, looking around at all the families and friends and loved ones being reunited from coming off the plane. She takes a seat, looking towards the monitor and seeing Trevor's plane has landed, anticipating him walking through the gate at any moment.

"Hey," Trevor smiles, walking over with his carry on strapped around his shoulder.

"Hi," she smiles, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him tight -- giving him a few pecks on the lips. "How was your flight?"

"Eh it was fine," he shrugs.

"Well I'm glad you're here. How was your work trip?"

"It was the usual really, nothing special," he says, picking up his suitcase in the baggage claim and walking out to the car. "Jesus Christ, I forgot how hot it is here."

"Eh, it's not that bad," she chuckles. Trevor always complaining about the heat when they visit.

"Ready?" he smiles. Juliane not getting the huge reunion she was hoping for. Trevor acting the same way he has been for over a year now.

"Yep," she pulls away and climbs in the driver's side -- making her way to her parents.

Once arriving, her mom is he usual friendly self, Trevor acting the same standoffish way with the rest of her family, then bringing his bag in.

"I'll be down the hall. I'm going to help mom with lunch," Juliane informs, kissing her husband on the cheek and walking out of the bedroom as he gets settled.

"Everything okay?" her mom asks the moment she steps into the kitchen.

"Yeah why wouldn't it be?"

"No reason," Jan shrugs. A knock on the front door.

"I'll get it," Juliane volunteers, walking past her mother and opening the door to see Link on the other end, holding a few bags.

"Hey, I brought your mom some stuff," he holds the bags up.

"Oh hey come in," she steps back.

"I was going to the butcher out of town and I told your mom I'd pick her up some stuff. I think she'll be good for a while," he winks at her. The two walking into the kitchen. Trevor joining them about thirty seconds later.

"You must be Trevor. I'm Link," he puts out his hand.

Trevor takes it. "Yeah, hey, nice to meet you."

"Juliane's told me a lot about you. I'm glad you could make it out," Link smiles.

"Oh she has?" Trevor's eyes go over to his wife. "But yeah, it's good to be here."

"Don't worry," Link nods, "good stuff but I probably should get going. I have a lot to get done. Will I see you guys later at the party in town?" he asks, turning towards Juliane and Jan.

Jan nods, "yes you will."