CHAPTER 1

*******************
Luck is great, but most of life is hard work. - Iain Duncan Smith
******************

On my first night in Jozi a friend of mine Nolubabalo Jama, who I went to varsity with, took me out for drinks at a club calles Alloy and that's when I first saw this hunk named Luvuyo Sithole. He is the owner of the club. He is buffy, tall with a caramel skin😋. He is wearing a black versace short sleeve tee, black guess jeans and black Dolce and Gabbana low-top sock trainers. Nolby introduces me to him and tells him that I am in need of a job, the hunk keeps staring at me not saying a word. I clear my throat to make him stop staring. Finally he says "report for duty tomorrow at 9 am, don't be late and wear black." I am quite surprised that he doesn't ask me any questions, at the same time my heart fills with joy I find myself hugging the guy🙈.

Me: "thank you so much sir, I promise you won't regret it." The man's chest is like made of steel😅.

Him: "don't sweat it." Quickly detach myself from him.

Me: "I am sorry for that, I swear it won't happen again." He smiles showing off his perfect white teeth, you'd swear he's one of those people who appear on toothpaste ads.

Him: "I doubt that, excuse me ladies."

He vanishes into the crowd. I and Nolby jump up and down because we are filled with joy, not minding the attention we are grabbing from the people. We continue partying until I bid farewell to my friend at 01:30 am because I have to be early for my first day at work. Nolby keeps begging me until she is defeated. I hug her and go back to my hotel which is 10 minutes away from Alloy. I checked in to the Mapungubwe Hotel not because I am loaded but because I hadn't had time to search for an apartment and I didn't wanna burden Nolby because she stays in Pretoria and I wanna  work and stay in JHB. I wish I could be released early at work so that I can go look for it because the hotel is expensive. I get into my room and I am fast asleep a few seconds later.

The next morning I wake up with a slight headache. I do my morning hygiene routine. I then get dressed in black as per the boss's request after lotioning my body. I tie my natural hair into a bun, I have really long hair, like 12" long. I call for room service and ask them to bring me my breakfast. After I am done eating I leave my room for work. It's 8:40 and I arrive at 8:55 at Alloy. I find Vuyo sitting with a very beautiful lady (you can see from afar that her skin is flawless) at a table by the corner, I go to them. He sees me coming and he stands up smiling.

Him: "Miss Mnguni, you're early. I like you already." He hugs me, I smile a little.

Me: "good morning sir, good morning miss. And I'd like to once again thank you for the opportunity you have given me." The lady shakes my hand and has this beautiful smile plastered on her face. I sit down next to her.

Him: "no need to call me sir, call me Luvuyo or Jobe. This is Thandeka, she is the manager here at Alloy." His phone rings. "She will show you around. I will be back later on, ladies have a great day. TDK this is my princess treat her well." I blush as he walks away. There is something about him that mesmerizes me.

Me: "I am Lwandeka Mnguni by the way."

Her: "my brother has no manners, forgive him."

Me: "he is your brother?" I guess beauty runs in family.

Her: "yeah but I am the cooler sibling, so let's talk about your work experience. Have you ever worked before?"

Me: "yes, I did a part-time job once at KFC during school holidays as a cook. I also worked at Spur as a waiter while I was at varsity."

Her: "well why wouldn't I hire you?" She smiles. "Come let me show you to the kitchen." We walk to the kitchen.

Her: "this place during the day people come to have breakfast, lunch and supper. At night that's when all the magic happens. Of course they do order food but alcohol becomes their number 1 priority. So resto by day and club by night." I worry. She notices. "Don't worry Lwah you will do just fine and don't sweat about the drunkards harassing you. We have security for the staff so no one will touch you."