CHAPTER 51

SIZWE
Today is Wawa’s birthday and the party is being held at her house. Things for the past few months have been tough. I have had one night stands here and there but I never really moved on. My heart, body and soul still yearns for Thandeka. Can you believe how crazy I am? I even bought an engagement ring for her. In my mind, as soon as she comes back I am proposing. Crazy right? I know.

The lions have gotten richer than ever before. I even bought a jet and a helicopter. The diamonds heist was a success. Turns out the diamonds were worth R50 million. After that heist I even bought myself a black Ford Ranger Raptor. Nthabi became dramatic after the break-up. She would sometimes show up at my door step drunk and cry for me to take her back. When she saw that her tears didn’t affect me, she would try using emotional blackmail like we had a child together blah-blah-blah.
She was becoming a nuisance. This one time I was having a dinner meeting with a potential client who happened to be a beautiful woman. Nthabi just barged in and started throwing tantrums. She accused me of cheating on her publicly and humiliated me. People even took videos of her scandal. I nearly lost that client before I even signed her. The following morning I released a statement that set the record straight. It might have humiliated Nthabi because after that I never saw her again.

I finally arrive at Wawa’s house. This house is so beautiful and is full of warmth. It is what you call a real home, not just a house. Wawa even gave me my own room here. Rain sees me first and she humbly greets me. She is not like many white people I work with every day. She is humble, sweet and down to earth. She leads me to the stretch tent in the back yard.

There are only 20 chairs and the one for miss party. I am actually surprised that she is having a dinner birthday celebration. Something small and intimate. I guess the countryside has humbled her. I sit on my labelled seat and a waitress quickly hands me a glass of whiskey. Jobe make his way in and sits next to me.

Me: “brother in law.” He chuckles.
Him: “I will never get used to that. How are you man?”
Me: “alive and breathing. How are you?”
Him: “apart from being your sister’s personal slave, life is good.”
Me: “personal slave? What has she done?”
Him: “she is lazy. She always order me around. When I refuse to do something she gives me a puppy face and I just give in. she is an emotional bully I am telling you.” I just laugh at him. Can’t he see that she is pregnant? I won’t say a word. He will have to figure out what’s happening to her alone.
Me: “women.” I shake my head.
Him: “we love them but they can be a pain in the butt sometimes.” I laugh at him and he joins me this time.

LWANDEKA
I look at the backyard while standing in the balcony. It is so beautiful and intimate. Just as I wanted. I head back inside and take off my gown. I am wearing a red Oblique collar sequins floor-length mermaid dress and red Jimmy Choo Diamond-Encrusted high heels, my brother bought them for me as an early birthday present. I am not sure how much are they but I am pretty sure I am wearing someone’s 5 year salary. I put an ice cold bob wig on my head. The necklace I am wearing is the Lwandeka one, I just love it and it goes with every outfit on my closet. I am wearing an Imbokodo Watch Combo which Londeka bought for me at era by Dj Zinhle.

I head downstairs and go to the backyard where the party is at. Mom is here with my siblings, my JHB friends are also here, some of my employees are here, Tristin is also here and Aviwe and Lebo. Spha with his wife and kid are also here. We get along very well with his wife. The empty chair is there just for control. The guests all stand and clap their hands, some scream and whistle when I walk to my chair. I just laugh and wave at them, I exchange hugs with others. Vuyo takes my hand and leads me to my chair. He makes sure I am comfortable first and then head back to his seat. I am tempted to shout ‘that’s my baby daddy right there’ but I won’t.

Londeka is the MC and Dakota is the one coordinating the event. They are becoming pros at this event planning business. They are both graduating next year and they can’t wait. All the guests look dapper. The party didn’t have a specific colour. I just gave the guests freedom to dress up in any style or color they like. Londeka starts by welcoming the guests and soon after that starters are served. The twins are called to say a speech and I must say they look beautiful and matured in their clothes.