CHAPTER 47

LONDEKA
Right now we are on our way back to JHB. It’s Sunday afternoon. I will start by complementing the white wedding. Everything was so perfect from the décor to the catering, to the cake, the wedding party outfits, everything was on point. I even took contact details of the catering and décor company so that I will contact them when I have an event to plan in Durban.

Today’s wedding was also beautiful. I have never been to lesbians’ wedding, so this was my first but there weren’t any awkward moments or bad vibes. The traditional wedding was also beautiful. The couple’s attires were so perfect and they were inspired by Ankara designs. The guests were also looking so beautiful. Some ladies kept trying their lucks on Bhut Jobe but his eyes were on my sister the whole time. I guess he has been dispelled.
We finally get home and just as we are driving in a call comes through. The time is 6 pm. The phone is connected via Bluetooth to the car so I just tap on the screen to answer it.

Me: “baby.”
Tristin: “Dakota just arrived here. Does that mean you are also home?”
Me: “yeah I am about to park in my car.”
Tristin: “please come see me, we will go to my apartment.” I didn’t know he has an apartment.
Me: “you have an apartment? Where?”
Tristin: “Midrand. So are you coming?”
Me: “are we going to spend the night together?”
Tristin: “I’d love that very much.”
Me: “okay, please send me your location.”
Tristin: “will do, bye Mrs. Muller.” I giggle.
Me: “see you later.”

I hand up and climb off the car. He sends me the location. I open the boot and take my weekend bag and head inside the house. I go place my bag in my room and head to Lwandeka’s room. I find her unpacking and putting some of her stuff on the dirty laundry basket. I sit on the edge of the bag.

Lwah: “what do you want?”
Me: “can’t I just sit in my sister’s bed in peace?” she rolls her eyes.
Lwah: “I don’t have all day Londeka.”
Me: “can I go sleepover at Tristin’s apartment?” I mentally cross my fingers.
Lwah: “are you on any form of contraceptive?” she asks not taking off her attention from what she is doing. I am shocked by her question but I quickly recover.
Me: “yes. I am using the implanon.” She nods.
Lwah: “have you guys went for testing, like HIV, STI/STDs and stuff?”
Me: “we haven’t reached the sexual stage of our relationship so that topic has never been touched.”
Lwah: “sooner or later you are going to give him the cookie so you need to know his status and if he has an infections little sis.”
Me: “thanks for the advice. So can I go?” she chuckles.
Lwah: “of course you can. I am your sister not your mother. I won’t tell you how to live your life but I want you to be careful and always use double prevention to be on the safe side.” I stand up and side hug.
Me: “thank you big sis.”

I go to my room to pack my overnight bag, not forgetting my books since I have classes tomorrow. I then head downstairs with my bag. I greet Rain who is at the kitchen cooking and go out. I climb in my car and drive to Midrand. I get to the Crowthrone Luxury Apartments and the security guard let me in without any hustles, I guess Tristin had already mentioned that I am coming. I drive in and park at the parking lot. I then text Tristin telling him that I have arrived and he comes to fetch. He hugs me tightly and then perks my lips. I hand him my bag and I lock my car.

He pulls me to the lobby and we take the elevator to the second floor. We get to his room which is room 29 and he opens the door. We both get inside and the first word that comes out of my mouth is ‘wow’.

The apartment is dark grey, light grey and white themed. He tells me that it’s a one bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. It has a lounge and a kitchen and a balcony. He leads me to the bedroom and it is so beautiful and neat. He puts my bag in his closet and comes back to the bedroom. I sit on the edge of the bed and he sits next to me.