CHAPTER 38

LILIAN
Jobe has just passed going to his office. It’s been 5 days since that bitch was shot and from what I could hear her condition is not improving at all. Serves her right for stealing my man. Nobody does that to Lilian Petersen and gets away with it. Next time bitch you better know your lane and stay in it. Now watch me take back my man while you are breathing in tubes. I quickly head to the locker room, puff Mama Love’s cologne everywhere reachable, rub it in the neck and rush to Jobe’s office. I find him standing in front of Lwandeka’s portrait on the wall, he looks sad, well that’s about to change. My photo will be there soon. I hug him from behind and he turns. At first he has a confused expression but it later dissolves to a smile. He keeps his eyes on mine probably for the longest time since I started working here. He is not chasing me away. Wow 5 points for Mama Love.

We hug for the longest time with him inhaling my scent, which is exactly what I wanted. I have been waiting for this, to be in his arms, for 3 years and it’s finally happening and it’s not a dream. I feel like standing on top of Mountain Kilimanjaro and screaming because of the joy inside my heart. I am so going to reward my brother for getting that bitch out of the way. He deserves it. The point was not to murder her, come on I am not a monster. I wanted her to be away long enough for me to warm my way back to Jobe’s heart. Jobe finally breaks the hug and stares at me straight in the eyes.

Him: “where have you been all my life?”
Me: “waiting.”
Him: “well wait no more because I am gonna wife your white ass.” I giggle. Wow Mama Love you deserve millions. He pulls me by my waist and smashes his lips on mine, OMG I can’t believe I am finally tasting his lips. I respond to the kiss deepening it. After some time we both pull out breathlessly. His lips are so soft and so fuckin delicious.
Me: “that was amazing.”
Him: “best kiss I have ever had. You’re such a good kisser.” He says singing Usher – good kisser. Wow I didn’t know he knew how to sing. “Can I take you out for dinner tonight?”
Me: “sounds like a date. What should I wear?”
Him: “don’t worry, I will have it delivered to your place this evening.” I smile like a retarded.
Me: “okay let me get back to work.” He quickly pulls me for another kiss and then he releases me. Yoh I blush like crazy.

I go back to my work. I doubt I will work well because I will be daydreaming about Jobe’s lips. Pity I have no friends here, all these fake bitches are loyal to a person they have known for a few months. I have to bath with the soap Mama Love gave me and also put on the lipstick she suggested. I should also reward her for the good job she has done so far. I will do all the rewarding after Jobe promotes me. I am sure he won’t like a bartender for a girlfriend. I just have to beware of that sneaky sister of his. She can be so unpredictable sometimes and she can be scary and intimidating.

NOLUTHANDO NKABINDE
I am sitting in my office at the boutique doing some work. Bae is also here with me but she is busy with something on her iPad. Our wedding planner barges through the door.
Zaza: “girl what the hell? Your wedding is in a week and you have been ignoring my calls. What’s going on? How am I supposed to continue with the planning?”
Me: “we are postponing the wedding until further notice.”
Zaza: “what? How? Why?”
Me: “personal reasons. You may leave now.”
Zaza: “but…”
Thabi: “you heard her. Now leave.” She says in her deep voice. Thabi has a hoarse voice naturally. When she is pissed it automatically becomes deep and it turns me on so bad guys. Zaza quickly rushes out because she is scarred of Thabi.
Me: “did you have to use that voice babe?” I ask in a seductive tone.
Thabi: “before you start seducing me please wait for me to finish this email.” I giggle and open my notebook. I frown when I see an order that has been put in by Jobe.
Me: “what the hell?” I am shocked when I see the size of the dress and the size of the shoes. Lwandeka is a size 32 and her shoe size is 5. Jobe just ordered a size 28 dress and size 6 shoes. “How can he do this?”
Thabi: “what’s going on?”
Me: “I think Jobe is cheating on Lwandeka. But that’s just cruel. How can he do this to her while she is fighting for her life?” Thabi quickly places down her iPad.
Thabi: “what makes you say that?”
Me: “he just ordered a dress and shoes for someone and no it’s not Thandeka because the delivery address is at Diepkloof. I can’t believe him.”
Thabi: “maybe there must be an explanation.”
Me: “there better be.” If this was to happen to me I’d probably wake up and kill Thabi.
Thabi: “I know you’re thinking that if I were to do this to you, you’d probably wake up and kill me.”
Me: “you got that right.” She laughs and I also laugh.