CHAPTER 35

At the beginning of this year I was planning on putting CVs in every restaurant, club or store in Durban. I had tried many farms but there was no vacancy. I got a 2 months job at KFC because a lady I knew was going on a maternity leave. After that it was quiet again. Nolby convinced me to come to Jozi and after a lot of persuasion mom finally agreed for me to go. She gave me about 5k which I only got to use for my one night in Mapungubwe and buying lunch.

I have heard many stories about girls being taken advantage of and some get desperate to such an extent that they resort to prostitution or being blesses. In my case I was so lucky. At first I was like this guy will take advantage of me. It was too good to be true. The fact that he waited for a whole month to finally ask me out made me happy and made me feel special. It showed that his love was genuine and his intentions were pure. I agree with aunty when she says this man is my soul mate. I never really believed in love at first sight but now I do. My savior, my sanctuary, my knight, my king, my protector, my Zulu warrior and my love; that’s what Luvuyo Sithole is to me.

Staying with him and his sister has been nothing but a blast, but if my fathers were to hear about this all hell wil break loose. So I am thinking of moving out with Londy as soon as I settle in my new job. Ohh there is also that. I hope the employees at Fests will respect me and I hope we will have a good working relationship.

“The water is getting cold baby get out.” Vuyo’s voice brings me back to life. I am in the bath tub. He is telling the truth the water is getting cold. I wonder how long I have been in here. I stand up and he hands me a towel. I wrap it around my body, get out of the tub and drain the water.

Him: “what were you thinking about?” I dry my body and hang the towel on the town hanger.
Me: “how lucky I am to have you in my life.” I pass him and head to the closet. I lotion my body and wear my matching underwear.
Him: “I really wanna talk but you are distracting me.” I laugh at him.
Me: “you have seen me naked multiple times. What’s new?” he clears his throat. “Anyways I was saying I am super lucky to have you in my life. At first I didn’t trust you but you proved to me that your intentions are pure. You have showered me with so much love the past month without expecting anything in return but love and affection. I love you so much Mondisa and thank you so much for choosing me.” I move closer to him and hug him for dear life. He hold me tight and breathes loudly.
Him: “I…” I interrupt him.
Me: “no. there is no need for you to say anything. I just wanted you to hear that I appreciate your love and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world. And I also wanted you to know how I feel about you before we start a new year.”

He smashes his lips on mine and kisses me, I respond to the kiss. Our tongues dance to our own tune. We break the kiss and he plants a soft perk on my forehead. He lets me go and I continue dressing. I wear a maroon short jumpsuit and Fendi flat sandals which Thandeka bought for me as a Christmas gift, no dramatic outfit today. Vuyo wears a navy loose t-shirt, black jeans and puma slides.
We head downstairs after locking his room. We find almost all the guests there. Everyone greets Jobe and some of Alloy employees greet me. Jobe ushers them outside to the marque. I head to the in house bar and find Londy, Lindy, TDK, Noluh, Nolby, Fortunate, Audrey and Judith. We exchange hugs and greeting.

Nolby: “you decided to let us breathe today?” she says checking out my outfit.
Me: “lol yah, you can’t be breathing on life support every day because of me.” We all laugh. “Anyways isn’t there a table for us outside? I am so thirsty.”
Noluh: “we were just waiting for you. Let’s head out.” We all head out and go to sit at our table outside. The guys busy with the meat. The waiters are busy serving people starters and cocktails.
Me: “can we please start the night with shots?” they all scream.
TDK: “that’s what I am talking about.” She signals a waiter and our shots are brought to us.
Me: “okay let’s all stand.” We stand up. “Firstly I wanna say good night Khwezi, your spirit long lives.” They all chant ‘GOODNIGHT KHWEZI!’ “Then I will like to toast to new friendships, new adventures, new beginnings and New Year.” We all chant CHEERS! And down our shots. We sit down and our drinks are bought to us. We start drinking while keeping the conversation alive.
Nolby: “yoh next year we should definitely have a road trip to Cape Town sponsored by the baes. We need it, we deserve it.”
Audrey: “you are totally right.”
TDK: “we have i H1 here so we won’t have to hire a car.”
Fortunate: “who will be willing to drive because I am sure we will all be wanting to drink?”
TDK: “I am Thandeka Sithole and no cop stops a Sthole car.”
Me: “that’s settled then.” Aviwe comes to our table.
Aviwe: “can I join you guys?”
TDK: “sure.” She sits. Black Motion together with their crew come from the front yard and they pass us and when we realize it’s them we all scream. They wave as they make their way to the VIP marque.
Londy: “OMG I got to take pictures with them for the gram.”
Lindy: “me too friend. I can’t believe I am so close to celebs.”
TDK: “I will get them to go inside after their performance and you can take pictures with them.” they both scream. Vuyo makes his way to our table.
Nolby: “ayy wena uyityisile lendoda. Akudluli ngisho ne hour usezokubheka. Lapho you guys can see each other from where you are seated.” We all laugh.
Thah: “I told him that he is babying her.” When he is close to our table I stand and meet him halfway.
Me: “Is everything okay munchie?”
Him: “yes. I just missed you.”
Me: “I swear you are obsessed with me.”
Him: “do you blame me? I mean who wouldn’t be?”
Me: “please continue braaing the meat, some of us are very hungry Mr. Sithole.” He sulks and pouts. Yehheni Ngavelelwa indoda endala izenza ingane. “Okay baby how about I accompany you back to the gents?” he smiles. Guys there is something wrong with my bae today. He pulls me and we walk together to where the meat is being made.