CHAPTER 3

The next morning I am woken up by my loud annoying alarm. I get up, take a shower, wear another pair of black clothing, decide to comb my hair and let it loose and go downstairs. Vuyo is already up but is in his PJs. He is sitting at the kitchen counter working in his laptop and drinking coffee. When he sees me walking to his direction he closes his laptop and stands up to hug me. I swear if I have another hug from his perfectly fit body, his arms gosh I will just die in them.

Him: “morning princess, sorry I mean Lwandeka. It’s just that your name is so unfamiliar”
Me: “I guess I’m a rare diamond. Morning to you too.”
Him: “how was your night?”
Me: “slept like a baby, how was yours?”
Him: “nothing compared to yours. I slept for only 2 hours. I mean how can I sleep when money is awake?” I chuckle. I take out an apple from the fridge and sit opposite him.
Me: “I will be leaving for work in 5 minutes”
Him: “without having breakfast? That’s the most important meal of the day. At least have a cereal”
Me: “thank you but I’m fine”
Him: “you can be stubborn sometimes.”
Me: “can I commend you on something?”
Him: “I can never say no to a compliment.” He says with a smirk.
Me: “I love the culture diversity in your club. It’s like you tried to fit the whole of Africa in one space. It’s a healthy environment really and I love it very much.”
Him: “honestly I never saw the need of not hiring other people just because they are from outside South Africa. We are all Africans at the end of the day. These are our brothers and sisters. If we do not hire them or empower them, who will?”
Me: “wow spoken like a noble man.”
Him: “I try, anyways your car is in the driveway. Here are the keys”

He walks me to the door. When we get outside I can’t believe what my eyes are showing me. I close them and open them as many times as I could. In front of me is an Audi R8 which is silver gray matte. I am out of words and out of breath. I mean if I owned a car like this I’d never allow anyone to drive it, not even my mom. If I were to die I’d want it to be destroyed and next to my grave they would dig another hole to put all its parts inside.

Me: “you are borrowing me this car? Are you serious? Like for real?”
Him: “if you’re not comfortable I can give you the Rolls Royce.”
Damn how many expensive cars does this guy has? I take the car keys from his hands and quickly rush in the car.

Me: “see you later boss”

I can hear him laughing at me but I don’t wanna turn back. I arrive to work and start my shift. This day is going very slow. During my lunch break I decide to go out and get some fresh air. I spot a café named Bloom Coffee and I go in to get a latte and muffins, stay there until I finish eating then I go back to work. Well I am addicted to coffee so Bloom is going to be my new favourite place. When I get in I see Vuyo and TDK at the bar, they seem to be having fun so I just quickly walk by, not disturbing them. When my shift was done I clock off and drive straight home. As Iain Duncan Smith said: Luck is great, but most of life is hard work. I may have got my job and a shelter by luck but I still have to work hard to achieve what I really want.