CHAPTER 48

I wake up with a minor headache. I went to bed with tears because Thandeka is leaving. I am really going to miss her. I check the time on my phone and its 7:42. I don’t even know what time is she leaving. I dial her number and it goes straight to voicemail. I sigh and get up from the bed. I quickly make it and then head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, take a warm shower, dry and lotion my body.

I get out of the bathroom and head to my walk-in closet. I wear a black legging, white long sleeve t-shirt and white Air Jordan. I take my phone, car keys, backpack and head downstairs. I find Rain making breakfast and I greet her. I sit on the barstool and she hands me a latte. I drink it and then I head out. I climb into my CH-R and drive to the Sithole mansion. I get there and find Vuyo pacing up and down in the living room with a piece of paper in his hand.

Me: “is everything okay?” he stops and looks at me.
Him: “do you know where she went?”
Me: “who? Ohh Thandeka? Wait she has left already?”
Him: “you knew that she was leaving?” the fact that she didn’t state where she was headed to in that letter means that she only wanted me to know that.
Me: “she told me yesterday.”

Him: “how can I not have seen that there was something wrong with her? I always assumed that she was fine because she was always in a good mood. What kind of a brother am i?” he sits down and starts sniffing. Now this is sight I can’t bear. I go sit next to him and wrap my arms around his body.

Me: “baby please don’t cry. She is not dead, she will come back.” I only realize after he stops sniffing that I have called him baby. I curse under my breath unwrap my arms around his body. I quickly stand up. “I have to leave. See you later.”
Him: “please don’t leave my love. I need you right now.” He also stands up and grab my arms. He pulls me closer to him and wraps his hands around my waist. I can see that he hasn’t even taken a bath yet but his natural scent draws me to him.
Me: “I can’t do this.”
Him: “why? What’s stopping you? Have you moved on?” I am tempted to laugh at his last question because his facial expression is hilarious right now.
Me: “I haven’t fully healed.”

Him: “I understand that my actions hurt you but please babe, that wasn’t me. You are killing me right now. How about I be there for you and you be there for me? In that sense I will help you heal because this thing of you pushing me away is a turn off.” I laugh at him. I don’t remember hearing him say ‘turn off’ ever. “I have missed that laugher.” I blush and look down.

Me: “I have to go Vuyo.” I say raising my head and he just attacks me with a kiss. He doesn’t wait for me to warm up to it. He bites my lower lip, his tongue thrust my mouth and that forces me to kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands automatically grabs my butt. After a while I finally break the kiss and we are now both breathing heavily.

Him: “you’re beautiful.” I giggle.
Me: “just so you know I haven’t forgiven you.” He smiles, oww I have missed his smiles bethuna.
Him: “I know and I am going to earn my forgiveness.” I remove his hands from my butt, all this time he was still grabbing it.
Me: “see you later Mr. Sithole.” I step back and head out, he follows me.
Him: “can I take you out on a date?”
Me: “I don’t think my new man will like that.” I say climbing into my car.
Him: “new man? What are you talking about?”
Me: “didn’t you get the memo? I am dating Luyanda Mthethwa.” I say with an innocent smile plastered on my face.
Him: “wat fok sê jy vir my? (What the fuck are you saying to me?)” He asks half shouting.
Me: “shh, you will wake the neighbors. Anyways see yah, and by the way his dick game is way better than yours.” I start the engine and drive out. That will teach him not to mess with the Mngunis.

I get to work, greet the workers and head to my office. Nombuso comes to my office and gives me the report for the weekend. I introduced a new rule that should the club reach and exceed its target for the weekend the employees get R200 on Monday just so they can keep up the good work. It’s not much but it can take you from one place to the other and you can buy lunch and supper with that money if you don’t wanna cook. Anyways this weekend they exceeded the target by 10%. I write a note to Soma since he is the one who deals with the finance. I hand it to Nombuso and she exits my office.