CHAPTER 59

THANDEKA
Me: “first thing you must know, loyalty is everything to me. If you are loyal to me then I will also be loyal to you. Don’t betray me, don’t steal from me, don’t snitch on me and lastly don’t go near my family unless I have given you an order to protect them. Don’t think about blackmailing me because I will send you to your ancestors faster than you can say amen. I hope I won’t repeat this again.” They all nod.

We are at the basement at our headquarters which is in Alberton. It’s a 4 story luxurious house. If you didn’t know better, you’d say it belongs to a minister or one of the richest people in Mzansi. It has a basement and a lower basement which very few have access to it. The recruits have just finished their training and they are ready for some real work. Cleo also left the Hunters and she also left with 3 people, her right hand man, Asher; her IT geek, Nicky and her strongest man, Lutho. In total there are 15 members who were already gang members when they joined my gang and there are 38 recruits. In total I have 53 gang members and that’s huge for a new gang.

Cleo: “you have a chance now to leave and never look back. If you don’t leave now, the only way would be through death, not even jail. So anyone who wants to leave?” everyone stays rooted to their spots. “Going once, going twice… then welcome to the gang. You all have different and have different skills. That’s what’s special about y’all. I welcome you to OWLS. ALWAYS BE VIGILANT. We are now family, we stick together and we protect one of our own. But remember we won’t jump to your rescue if you got yourself into trouble and have been warned.”

T-bone: “blood makes you related but loyalty makes you family. Be careful of your family members and don’t discuss gang related matters to anyone outside the gang, even your partners. If you can’t keep quiet during the pillow talk, then shag and leave.” They all chuckle.

Mbulelo: “that would make us seem like assholes.” Says one of the recruits. They haven’t received gang names yet.
Lutho: “rather an asshole then finding yourself lifeless.” Mbulelo swallows hard and then nods.

Nicky: “Asher will teach you how to deceive a lie detector test and a truth serum this week. He will teach you so that you can deceive our enemies not us. Be warned, I may be a computer freak but one thing you should know about me, I hate snitches and liars.” She takes off her glasses and stare at them intensely.
Bianca: “tattoo artists will be here soon. If you have a fear of needles you better get over it.”

Bianca is my high school friend. We were close but when I came to Jozi, we lost connection. I met her in Chicago and came back with her. She is an assassin by the way. I make eye contact with my closest and then head to my office. They follow me. It’s T-bone, Cleo, Asher, Nicky, Lutho, Bianca, Popi (the irrational chick) and Perry (Popi’s twins) they are known for their mischiefs.

Cleo: “you also getting a tattoo?”
Me: “yeah.”
T-bone: “Nuella wants to meet you. Tonight. I don’t know why.”
Nicky: “Nuella the Goddess?” T-bone nods. “She deals with cars. If she wants to meet you then she definitely wants to make a deal with you.”

T-bone: “she has a contract with The Hunters. Why would she break it?”
Perry: “many people want to jump ship from other gangs and work with you because, come on, you’re The Lioness. Who wouldn’t want to work with you?” I chuckle.
Me: “tell her to meet me in Mandela Square at 10:30pm. She mustn’t bring an army if she wants to work with me.” Cleo chuckles.
Cleo: “you know Nigerian chicks can be dramatic.”

Lutho: “tell me about it.” He rolls his eyes and we laugh. He has a Nigerian baby mama who is always nagging about maintenance.
Bianca: “won’t your fiancé get suspicious when you come home after 10?” I roll my eyes.

Me: “I will just give him a blowjob that will leave him breathless, so he won’t ask where I come from. Plus I own clubs so he shouldn’t question the time I arrive in at home.”