CHAPTER 45

We all agreed that we will be meeting at the Sithole mansion so after packing Londeka and I drive there. It’s 1:56 pm, Friday and we are all headed to my home town. I am wearing a knot front tube top, high waist denim shorts and white All-star sneakers. My hairstyle is still in good condition so I just brushed it. I am also wearing my Lwandeka necklace which Vuyo gave to me last year. I am playing Cassper Nyovest’s Good for that because he raps about Bentleys and I am driving one. We get to the Sithole mansion and find the others already there. Vuyo and Thandeka’s cars are parking in the driveways and you can see that they are all ready to go. I step out of my car and head to where everybody is standing. I notice Thandeka’s car and I scream.

Me: “bitch a whole jaguar? A whole fuckin jaguar?” she laughs. I go near it and feel it with my fingers. “Where have you been hiding this baby?”
Thandeka: “somewhere.” She says and laughs.
Me: “you have to let me test drive it.”
Thandeka: “when we come back.” I hold my hand out and she shakes it meaning it’s a done deal, she laughs while shaking it.
Me: “anyways,” I brush my head, “I don’t have petrol.” They all laugh but Vuyo doesn’t, he looks like he has seen ghost or something.
Dakota: “a whole Bentley driver doesn’t have petrol? How is that even possible?” she continues laughing. I brush the back of my neck.
Me: “I don’t even receive boma girlfriend allowance, I am poor.” Londeka laughs to such an extent that even tears falling from her eyes. Nolby comes and places her hand in my waist.
Nolby: “relax mabhebeza I got you. How much money do you need?” she says in a deep voice and we all laugh at her.
Me: “anyways I really need to pass by the garage so that I can fill up my tank.” They all get inside their cars and Vuyo comes to me just before I get inside my car. He scratches his head. Okay what is wrong with him? He looks pale. I hope he isn’t sick.
Him: “I just wanted to know if you’re okay.” I chuckle.
Me: “yes I am okay. Let’s go so that we can catch up with the others.”
Him: “you look beautiful.”
Me: “thank you.” I get into the car and drive out. He drives behind me. We get to the garage and I find my bitches making noise and Londeka is playing loud music in her car. I get out of the car and head to where they are. Thandeka is making a live video and we are all dancing.
Fortunate: “okay bitches, play time is over. We have a wedding to attend.”

We get inside the store, buy a few stuff for the road, fill up our tanks and drive to uMzimkhulu. After 6 hours we arrive there. We first buy dinner and then head home. It’s already dark. We get inside the house and find mom and the twins eating. We greet and chill at the lounge. Thabi booked the whole Road Lodge Pietermaritzburg for the wedding and for the weekend so Nolby, Fortunate, Thandeka and Luvuyo will be staying there. Also Thabi and the whole wedding party will sleep there. We will only go back to her home at the end of the reception. The traditional wedding us on Sunday where Noluh will be presenting the Ntuli family with gifts. Dakota and Londeka are inseparable so she will be sleeping with Londeka.

Thandeka: “it’s getting late. We have to leave.”
Nolby: “yeah, we don’t wanna be hijacked.”
Mom: “Nihambe kahle bantabami.” I laugh at her.
Me: “mom you sound like an old lady.”
Mom: “well FYI I am old.”
Londeka: “did mom just say FYI?” we all laugh. I stand up.
Me: “let me walk you guys out.” They all stand up and we walk out. I hug the ladies and when it’s time to hug Vuyo I stand in front of him awkwardly. He opens his arms and I fall right into them. I hug him tightly and inhale his cologne. We finally break the hug. “Bye guys.”
Them: “BYE!”

They get into their cars and drive out. I go and lock the gate. I get back inside and also lock the burglar gate and the door. I take my weekend bag, takeaway and head to my room. I put the bag in my wardrobe and strip naked. I take a gown from the wardrobe, wear it and go sit on the bed and eat my food. Mom gets in and sits next to me.

Mom: “mapha.” I laugh at her and open the paper bag wide so that she can take a piece. She takes one piece with a roll and starts eating. “Your eyes look watery. What’s wrong?”
Me: “I hugged Vuyo ma. It just brought so many emotions. I miss him so much mama it hurts.” Tears start streaming down my cheeks as I continue eating. Mom laughs at me. Haibo, here I am pouring my heart out and she is laughing.
Mom: “you will never change. Here you are being depressed but you are still eating.” I chuckle.
Me: “can’t let good food go to waste.” She continues laughing.
Mom: “he will come back to you and when he does forgive him and don’t let your stubborn side out.”
Me: “but mama he slept with her, spoiled her, posted her on Instagram, humiliated me, I have a right to be stubborn.”
Mom: “he wasn’t in his right mind.”
Me: “and he sent me to a mini coma so I will be stubborn and ratchet of I want to.”
Mom: “yoh, your father should have pulled out instead of bringing a mini him coz yoh mtase inkani elana kuwe.” I laugh really hard and wipe my tears with the back of my hand.
Me: “really mom?” she laughs.
Mom: “serious, don’t give the guy hard time. Already he has been through hell for the past weeks. Take him to paradise tuh.”
Me: “and when are you taking someone to paradise?” she avoids eye contact. “Mama Ntokozo gave you permission, go out there and have fun, get remarried if you want. We are your children and there is nothing we want more than to see you happy. If you don’t wanna do it for yourself then do it for us. He doesn’t have to be on our lives, sibadala we don’t need a father figure but you need a man.”
Mom: “okay fine, I will see but I am in no rush.”
Me: “you still don’t wanna come live with me?”
Mom: “nah I am good. This is my house and I can’t leave it. Plus I love it here.”
Me: “okay.” We finish eating and I take the paper bag and dispose it. I then wash my hands, drink water and then switch off lights. I get to my room, switch of the lights, get under covers and drift to Lala-land after praying of course.
.
.
.