CHAPTER 57

THANDEKA
The next morning I head downstairs after freshening up and making the bed. Sizwe has gone for a morning jog. I didn’t join him because I was lazy. I get to the kitchen and find a young man sitting on the counter eating cereal with his eyes glued to his phone.

Me: “morning.” He raises his head and gives me a bored expression. Don’t tell me he also has an attitude. Kante what’s up with Muzi’s seed?
Him: “so you are one of my brother’s bed warmers?” he asks with his eyebrows raised. Aybo he doesn’t even know me and he is already insulting me. I should probably calm down before I break his nose.

Me: “if he puts a ring on every woman who has been on his bed then I guess I am a bed warmer.” He rolls his eyes.
Him: “I am pretty sure you are here for his money. He is a very ruthless man so you better leave before he finds out you are after his money.” I shouldn’t be offended by this but I have never been insulted by a young man or lady ever since I became The Lioness. I chuckle angrily and punch him on the space between his eyes. That takes him by surprise and sends him straight to the floor with his butt. I don’t give him the time to recover, I quickly kick his stomach a couple of times then squat next to him and strangle him with both hands.

Me: “I am kind, patient and open but the minute you insult me all that goes out the door and I teach you manners. If you ever talk to me like that, you will meet your ancestors very soon than anticipated. I hate being disrespected. If you think I will let you walk all over me because I love your brother, then clearly you need to do a research about who Thandeka Sithole is. And before you label me as a goal digger, ask Google to tell you my net worth.” I stand up and start preparing breakfast. His brother gets in while the brat is still on the floor. He quickly rushes to him and help him stand.

Sizwe: “what’s up Ndabe? What are doing on the floor? Why is your nose bleeding? Did you guys get attacked while I was gone?” I continue cooking with my back against them.
Me: “he insulted me and I retaliated. He behaved like a girl so I disciplined him like a girl. If I disciplined like a man he would’ve been on his way to the ER right now.”

Sizwe: “what did you say to her Ndabe?” he clears his throat.
Ndabe: “I am sorry bhuti. I thought she was another Nthabi.”
Sizwe: “do you see ‘ANOTHER NTHABI’ written on her forehead?”
Ndabe: “no.” he says in a low tone.
Sizwe: “apologize to her now.” I turn.

Me: “I don’t care about his apology babe. I have taught him a lesson that he will never forget even in his afterlife. Now go and bath so that we can eat and then leave.” Sizwe sighs and heads upstairs. The brat rubs the back of his neck while his other hand is holding his nose.
Ndabe: “I am really sorry sisi. Please forgive me. Bhuti won’t talk to me until you forgive me.” I roll my eyes and continue with my cooking.
Me: “go clean your nose. It’s not attractive.”

LWANDEKA
Simamiso just finished taking our measurements. We are all sitting and drinking refreshments. We have shown her the dresses we want. By the way, the gang brought their own cooler box. They are such a whole mood. We took off at JHB at 7 am because we wanted to arrive here during the day. They have been drinking all the way. Luckily bae asked Danvers to drive us. At first he was his usual quiet self but the ladies managed to crack him. He was even making jokes on the way here. Thandeka came with Sizwe because she was in Durban. He is currently siting in the H1, talking to Danvers.

I have already told her that the design of the dress for umembeso will come with bae. I am hoping and praying that it is beautiful because if it’s not, then I won’t take pictures with it. But I trust bae and his fashion sense. Plus he knows what I like and don’t like.

Thandeka: “you won’t believe what happened this morning.” She told us about the dinner with the in laws. In my perspective, I think Ncane behaved. Phela that woman has some devil blood coursing through her veins. I am just glad she didn’t make any mean comments because Thandeka can be very short tempered and she can be violent to whomever that pisses her off. She can also unleash The Lioness whenever she wants.