CHAPTER 54

SIZWE
I have made reservations at the Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa. I booked the whole Terrace so that we can privacy and so that I can also make up for my terrible proposal. I also booked the Nelson Mandela Platinum Suite because my babe deserves the best. I am currently driving Mamkhulu and the twins to the airport.

Apparently Lolo was busy and Wawa was tired. My niece is already tiring her. I clear my throat.

Me: “mama I proposed to someone this morning.” She turns and look at me.
Nokukhanya: “who? Nthabi?” I laugh.
Me: “you all saw the publicity stunt she pulled on me months ago. What makes you think I’d marry a psycho like that?” she laughs. The twins are so busy with their conversation in the backseat. I really like them because they don’t eavesdrop or include themselves in adults’ conversation.

Nokukhanya: “so who is the unlucky lady?” I laugh.
Me: “give me some credit ma.” She rolls her eyes. I clear my throat because I know she might be shocked by this. “It’s Thandeka Sithole.”
Nokukhanya: “Luvuyo’s sister?” I can’t miss her shocked expression.
Me: “yes.”
Nokukhanya: “so you are dating each other’s siblings?” I chuckle nervously.
Me: “something like that. We are not only dating but we are getting married.”

Nokukhanya: “although I am shocked, I am happy for you guys. She is a nice girl. She would make a great daughter in law and if Lindiwe mistreats her, I will adopt her as my daughter in law.” I laugh.
Me: “thank you ma. You know how your sister can be like.”

Nokukhanya: “she can act like a diva sometimes. She forgets that she is way past the dramatic stage of life.” I continue laughing. Once she starts shading her sister she never stops.
Me: “I know.”
Nokukhanya: “so u Luvuyo ufuna ukukhehla u Lwandeka mhlaka 28 November. I think umkhehlo must be done eMzimkhulu. I will talk to the elders once I am there and then we will start the preparations.”

Me: “is he paying for everything?”
Nokukhanya: “no. you know how stubborn your sister is. Luvuyo is only paying for the cow, goat and alcohol. Your sister said she will pay for the groceries and everything else.”
Me: “I will also help where I can.”
Nokukhanya: “that will be much appreciated. You also need to be there for the meeting when I tell your family. You know how the Mngunis can be.” I laugh.

We continue chatting until we arrive at the airport. I wait for them to board the plane and then I drive home. I am not ready to tell my family about the jet because I will be forced to lie. I hate lying to them. On my way home I receive a call from Wawa.

Me: “Wawa.”
Wawa: “hey bhuti. Have they boarded the plane?”
Me: “yes.”
Wawa: “can you please buy your favourite sister sweet chili pepper Doritos and sour worms?” Pregnant women Thixo.

Me: “why don’t you ask Jobe?”
Wawa: “he is spending the day with his sister. It has been so long since they last hung out so I am giving them some privacy. Please brother.” I sigh.
Me: “okay. I will bring them to you ASAP.”
Wawa: “you’re the best.” She says excitedly and hangs up. Jobe is in it for the long ride.

Anyways I pass by the mall. I buy her cravings and then I buy a Nandos full chicken for her with 4 rolls and a half chicken for myself. Wawa is a person who is not afraid of eating, ever since she was born. So I know that a full chicken is nothing to her. I also buy cranberry juice and fruits. As much as pregnant women love junk food, she also needs some healthy food. I then drive to Krugersdorp and find her watching some reality show at the lounge. When she notices that I am in the room she turns and smile. She stands up and when she is about to hug me, she just runs past me to the separate bathroom. I quickly put everything I am holding in the coffee table and run after her. I find her kneeling by the toilet.