CHAPTER 7

************************
The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over you, you cannot move forward. – Steve Maraboli
************************

THANDEKA
I am sure you have been waiting for my story. Well I am Thandeka Charlotte Sithole. My brother calls me Charlotte when he is really pissed at me. He is a drama king that one, I tell you. I am 3 years younger than him which makes me 25 years old. It has always been the two of us since primary school. He has always been the big brother who takes good care of me even though sometimes I felt annoyed by his behavior. When our parents passed on he turned into a parent figure for me. When he was leaving for Jozi he asked me to come with him, to transfer schools. I didn’t want to be a burden to him so I insisted on staying behind and joining him when I was finished with high school.

Life without him was tough. I got sexually abused many times, by some thieves who lived in our township and the uncle who I lived with. I didn’t tell Luh about that because I know how he can get when he is angry. He becomes a different person that’s why he doesn’t get angry easily. When I was finally going to Jozi, I poisoned all the men that raped me and they died. I moved in with my brother and I must say my heart and mind were at peace. I didn’t feel bad for killing all those bastards, they deserved it and if I got a chance I’d do it again. My brother insisted that I go to college to study business management courses so that I can run his businesses. I also got initiated to a gang called the Hunters, I don’t do much there but when things get really bad I gear up and face war and the gang also clean up after me sometimes when I leave a mess.

When he told me about this girl he met at the club his face lightened up I could see that he really loved her and when my brother is happy I am happy. I have never been in love before. Silly right? A 25 year old who has never been in love? Crazy I tell you. Thing is after the rape sagas I never really trusted men and put myself out there to be vulnerable to them. I just grab and smash. I have fuck buddies, one night stands, life is good. I may be a little addicted to sex because I can’t get through 48 hours without it. Maybe just maybe in future I will consider therapy but for now I am just enjoying life.

LWANDEKA
We get to Bryanston and start at Checkers. We buy everything that is in our list. We came with us two of the guards. When we are done with the food they take it to the cars. We head back inside and we bump into this chick with a guy, they seem to know TDK.

Her: “hey guys, I didn’t see you there. This is Lwandeka Mnguni a good friend of mine and Lwah this is Khwezi and Thabiso, we go way back.” We shake hands.
T-bone: “we have heard a lot about you, I must say you are more beautiful in person.”
Her: “behave T, if you go near her we are going to have a problem.” They all laugh.
Khwezi: “nice to meet you MaMnguni, now I see why Jobe is smitten. You are on another level of hotness, damn girl.” I giggle at her comment.
Me: “thanks for the compliments guys and it’s a pleasure to meet you.”
Khwezi: “we should go out sometimes.”
TDK: “don’t agree Lwah, issa trap. These people party from sunset to sunrise to sunset. They are going to corrupt you.” Khwezi and Thabiso both laugh.
Khwezi: “it was nice meeting you MaMnguni, hope we can meet soon again.” They say their goodbyes and we go to the liquor store.
Thandeka: “see anything you like?”
Me: “let’s buy Tanqueray and Absolute Vodka.”
Thandeka: “OMG! I never pictured you as a vodka girl.” She grins.
Me: “never judge a book by its cover.” I say with a smirk.
We take the vodkas and some wine and a bottle of Jameson for Luvuyo, according to Thandeka it is his favorite. We pay and give the plastics to the guards.

Her: “I am starving, let’s grab some lunch at Café’ Del Sol Botanico.”
Me: “yes ma’am.”

We get to Café’ Del Sol Botanico and have lunch over light conversation. It is an Italian restaurant.  There is a guy who keeps on staring at me weirdly who is sitting at a table next to ours. I nearly choke on my food.