CHAPTER 5

*************************
We don’t let the bad define us, instead we pick ourselves up and move on. – Unknown
*************************

LUVUYO
Me: “I need to be somewhere. Take care of my princess.” I say to my sister taking my wallet and car keys from my study table. I need to get to the bottom of Lwandeka’s incident ASAP.
Thandeka: “please be safe and don’t do anything stupid that can get you killed or arrested.” It’s like she can read my mind.
Me: “pinky swear.”
We hug and I head to the driveway where Danvers is already waiting for me, who also happens to be my driver. I can be lazy sometimes, that’s why I hired Danvers. We go straight to the club and I call an urgent staff meeting. This harassment issue really didn’t sit me well. I am starting to think that Lwandeka isn’t the only victim to this but let’s just hope it is not as bad as I think. I swear if that was the case I would find the pimp and make him or her pay.

Me: “yesterday one of my employees who goes by the name of Lwandeka Mnguni was sexually assaulted in here, in the public’s eye. She said the guy who assaulted her thought she was a prostitute. I don’t know who would ever think that we do prostitution in this club. From now on I want you guys to keep your eyes and ears open. I wanna know the person responsible for this and make them pay. If you have any information about this prostitution business please do come afore. Meeting adjourned.”

I go to my office and Soma who is more like my PA, best friend and business associate follows me. (He is basically everything to me).

Me: “Soma what do you have for me?”
Him: “just as you suspected. The guy spilled the beans and guess who the pimp is.”
Me: “that bloody Eve.” This Eve chick is really a pain in the ass. Last time I found her doing business in my club I promised to go to the cops and she promised to play far away from my businesses. I don’t know what changed but we are seriously going to have a problem. Plus she touched my princess.
Him: “you guessed it right boss.”
Me: “do me a favour Soma, pay this bitch a little visit and remind to stay the fuck away from my businesses.”
Him: “with pleasure boss.” Soma is very loyal. He has been working for me for as long as I can remember so I trust him with my life.
Soma leaves my office and I open my laptop to check some of my emails and a business proposal from a kid in North West who wants to do business with. His proposal is sure convincing but it lacks some elements. I will have to meet up with this kid. I finish work and Danvers drives me home.

LWANDEKA
The day goes by very slowly. After watching 2 movies I leave the 2 ladies in the longue. I decide to go take a nap. I wake up and it is dark outside so I think it was time to prepare for work. I take a shower, get dressed in my work uniform although my body is in pain but it’s not too much. I go downstairs and find TDK and Vuyo at the longue laughing cheerfully, I decide to join them.

Her: “where do you think you are going missy?” she asks looking at me with a frown.
Me: “work, where else?”
Her: “no work for you this week. Until you fully recover you are on house arrest. And until I’m sure you are okay mentally you are not going anywhere.”
Me: “mentally? You mean you are going to make me…”
Her: “talk to a therapist? Yes princess. What you went through was traumatic. You need to recover fully physically and mentally.”
Me: “I do understand but there is no need to go for therapy. I have been through a lot and this too shall pass. Please don’t make me go for therapy.” I say looking at both of them with pleading eyes
Her: “okay its fine, if you don’t want to go we won’t force you”
Me: “thank you Thah”
Him: “now that’s out the way go get changed, we are eating out tonight.”
Me: “yes sir.”
I go upstairs and change into a nude long sleeve t-shirt, white high waist skinny jeans, nude knee length coat (because it is a bit chilly), brown block heels and take a brown handbag; put on some light make up and go back downstairs.