CHAPTER 56

I am 5 weeks pregnant but there are no signs on my body showing that there is someone growing inside me. My belly is still flat. I am praying and hoping that it stays this way till my wedding so that I don’t ruin the announcement to bae. Right now we are sitting at my office at Fests and we are waiting for Dakota and Londy. I was surprised by him because he showed interest in actually planning the wedding. Not everyone gets a man who wants to be part of the wedding planning so I am blessed bahlali.

Him: “so what colours are we going with?”
Me: “I want a royal themed wedding. There are three colour schemes in mind. Royal blue and white. Emerald green with gold and white. There is also Navy and gold. I love all of them. So you should decide.”

Him: “as much as navy is our favorite colour, it has been used so many times. Emerald green with gold and white seems unique and beautiful. So I need to wear a royal suit?”
Me: “something close to that because I will also be wearing a Cinderella gown with a tiara, you better find a crown fit for a king. On second thoughts, you are going to buy a crown for me and I will buy yours.” He laughs.

Him: “I can’t wait for this wedding.”
Me: “we will probably make the front page of Isolezwe or Drum.”
Him: “or I can just get the media to do a coverage of our wedding.”
Me: “you can do that?”
Him: “I have won the Best Businessman in Gauteng Award so basically I am a celebrity.” I chuckle.
Me: “blowing your own horn huh?” he also chuckles.

Him: “we have to go buy wedding rings. We will buy them at Mynhardts Diamonds. I have already seen the one I want.”
Me: “but I am the one who is going to choose a ring for you.”
Him: “you know my taste and I know yours so I am pretty sure that you will choose the one I want.”

Me: “we should start practicing for our first dance because I know that we both are clueless when it comes to ballroom dancing.”
Him: “I will find a choreographer for us.” Dakota and Londy make their way in and sit down.
Dakota: “good day our beautiful couple.”
Londeka: “how are you today?”
Him: “we are good.”

Me: “before you show us what you have for us, we wanna tell you that we have chosen a colour scheme.”
Londy: “really? What is it?”
Me: “Emerald green with gold and white.” Dakota turns to Londy with a smirk.
Dakota: “I told you.”
Londy: “but navy is your favorite colour.”
Vuyo: “still is, but we want green for our wedding.”

Londy: “okay. Do you have a venue in mind?”
Me: “Singita Boulders Lodge in Mpumalanga.”
Dakota: “that place is beautiful.”
Me: “I have never been there but I was impressed by what I saw on Google.”
Londy: “okay, we will check it’s availability as soon as we get out of here. Should we not get it, what’s your second choice?”
Me: “we will go with Kuungana Bush Lodge.”
Londy: “great. What other your preferences do you guys have?”

Vuyo: “it’s a royal themed wedding so just make sure that the décor people stick to the theme. After securing the venue, make sure the invites are available soon after. If possible, please check if you can book the whole lodge because we need our privacy.”
Dakota: “how many guests are you expecting?”
Me: “maximum is 150. We don’t want chaos. We want an organized, neat wedding. A wedding fit for a king and queen, as its theme states.”

Londy: “shall we use the caterer for the engagement party or the lodge staff will do the catering?”
Vuyo: “after securing the venue, we will then decide about the catering. The guys who did the décor at the engagement party were good so please book them.”
Dakota: “noted. Please go through these cakes and choose which one you want.” She hands us the cakes catalogue. We page through it and we choose the cake and show it to her. It’s a five tier cake. “Good choice. You guys will go for tasting in early December. Which flavors do you prefer?”