Chapter 5

Shawn's POV:

I stayed in my house all week. I wouldn't set a foot outside unless it was to buy beer. I drank all day, everyday. I stayed away from Maya. I wasn't sure why, but I felt like it was the right thing to do.

My life was alright like this. I knew Maya was fine. I knew Riley would soon be. I drank all day. I was always alone. I didn't have to work. What could be better?

Cory kept trying to call. I'd always ignore it. If he found out I was drinking like this, he'd kill me. I still wouldn't return his calls, even when I was sober.
---------------------------------------------
Maya's POV:

I woke up to another shitty morning without Riley. I barely could sleep. Especially since I was sleeping in her bed. My hair would always be a mess, my eyes would have bags under them, and my face was always tear-stained. I kept having nightmares about Riley.

Cory entered my room with Topanga behind him. They both stared at my messy hair, baggy eyes, and tear-stained face.

"You ok honey?" Topanga asked, still staring at my messy self.

"Not really."

"Well uh- We have something to ask you."

"Go ahead."

"Do you think you're ready to go back to school? It's totally fine if you're not, but you have to come back at some point." Cory explained.

"I really don't think I can face school without Riley. Sorry."

"It's completely fine, we understand." Topanga reassured. "Well, the doctor called and said Riley would be ready for visitors tomorrow, you coming with?"

"Of course!" I lit up.

"Just remember, she's in a coma still, so only say things that'll keep her fighting, alright?"

I nod and they both left. I remembered the time I was in a coma. It was a time I felt like completely giving up. I'm coming for ya, Riles.