Chapter 14

Riley's POV:

"You girls need to start going back to school." My dad watched as we were laying down on the couch.

"Awwwww!" We both sighed.

"Come on!"

"But dad, what are the rest of the kids going to say about me? They probably know that I starved myself!" I whine.

"Aww don't worry Riles! I'll protect you." Maya hugs my neck.

"Fine. What day do we have to go back?" I ask my dad.

"Monday. Today is Saturday, you guys still have some time to recover."
----

Maya and I laid on the bed. We were quiet. Both of our minds were filled with thoughts.

"Riles?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"About the things that have recently happened."

"Me too." She looks at me. "But what exactly?"

"About the party."

"What about the party?"

"It's just... I really wasn't expecting all this when I got home."

"It's great, isn't it?"

"No it's not. I mean, what exactly did I do to deserve it? I ran away, I starved myself! What's there to celebrate? I worried everyone to death! I'm nothing special, just another person in this world."

"Shut up! You're more than "just another person"! Don't you see that you're needed in this world? We threw that party for you because we love you and care about you. We wanted you to have fun."

"Why am I needed? I'm literally just a walking piece of bones and flesh. I'm never going to make a difference in this world."

"Shut up."

"I regret waking up from the coma..."

"I said to fucking shut up!" She growled. We were quiet again, tears running down our faces.

I looked at Maya, who had just yelled at me and told me to shut up. She had pure anger on her face. I grabbed one of my pillows and stuffed my face in it. I started sobbing into it.

"Riley, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you I just got mad." I felt her put her arms around me.

"I'm sorry too." I muffled.

"For what?"

"For being such an ignorant coward."
-------------------------------------------
Farkle's POV:

There's something about Riley that still bothered me. It seemed as if she was trying to hide something. I was always thinking and worrying about this.

Hey Freckles, come down to the apartment. Riley needs some comfort. It was a text from Maya. I decided to go over to see what was wrong.
---------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

After a long talk with Farkle and Maya, I felt much better. I wiped away my tears and went to wash my face. As I washed up at the bathroom sink, I looked up at the mirror. Shit, I really am thin.

I walked back to my room, seeing Maya waving to Farkle as he went out the window.

"He's leaving already?" I ask.

"Yeah, his mom called him and told him it was time for dinner."

"Oh, that reminds me, we're in charge of cooking dinner today. My mom is working late."

"Wait! There's still a question I gotta ask you." She jumps off the bed and follows me into the kitchen.

"What is it?"

"Why the hell do you make purring noises when we cuddle and make out?"

"I heard I get it from my mom." I smile as I took out the boxes of mac and cheese.