Chapter 8

Maya's POV:

I spent the next few days alone. I wasn't sad or depressed, I wasn't angry, I wasn't happy either. No, I didn't feel anything.

I'd spend most of the day sprawled across Riley's bed, in a haze. I'd only ever get up when Topanga would snap me out of it and tell me that it was time to eat. I'd mostly think about Riley and myself. I'd think about how we could've spent our lives happily if we hadn't ran away. I'd think of what will happen when she gets out of her coma.

Today was different though. Today, I had gotten the best news possible. Riley was out of her coma.

She still wasn't able to come home though, the doctor said he wanted to make sure she was completely healthy before she got out. Although, we were still able to visit her. It would be my first time seeing her conscious ever since the night they found us. I wanted to go more than anything.

The whole family planned on taking a day off school and work to go see her tomorrow. I was so excited that I spent the entire day playing around with Auggie and having fun. At the end of the day, we all celebrated by watching a movie and eating popcorn.
---------------------------------------------
Lucas' POV:

I was sitting on the couch, doing homework. The whole house was quiet. My mom was out shopping, and well, my dad was in Texas. That's when I suddenly received the text.

Yo, Bucky McBoing-Boing, skip school and be at the apartment this morning, alright? I've got some great news to tell you.

It was from Maya. How odd.

Don't worry. I'll be there :)!

I wasn't sure how I was going to get out of school, so I tried to map out a little plan. At first I thought of going to school, but then sneaking out after I ask to use the bathroom. It was too risky though. If I was caught, it'd be put on my school record.

Then I thought of pretending to be sick, stay at home, and leave to the apartment after my mom leaves for work. It could defiantly work.
-------------------------------------------
Farkle's POV:

I was sitting in my room, looking through pictures of Riley and I on my phone. The house was like always. Quiet as ever. My parents were probably in their room, doing work, and I had no siblings to make any noises. And that's when I got the text.

Hey Freckles, skip school and be at the apartment tomorrow morning. I've got some great news for ya! You won't regret it.

It was from Maya. As curious as I was for the great news, I didn't want to skip school.

I'd rather not skip school, sorry Maya.

I hoped she wouldn't get mad or anything.

Trust me, even Mr. Matthews isn't coming to school. I'm pretty sure I can get him to write you a note and you'll be right in school after this whole thing. Please. This is defiantly not anything you'd want to miss! What do you say?

Hmm, I suppose I could, I just needed a way to hide it from my parents.

Ok, fine. Just make sure he writes me that note.

Defiantly! See ya, Freckles ;)!