Chapter 9

Maya's POV:

It was finally time to see Riley again. As I got ready and ate my breakfast, the buzzer went off.

"It's Lucas!" Lucas said. Cory and Topanga looked at me.

"What's Lucas doing here?" Cory asked.

"I figured he and Farkle could come with us." I smiled as I ran to go buzz him in.

"Oh fine." Cory rolled his eyes. Lucas enters apartment.

"Maya, what's going on?" Lucas asks.

"I'll tell you once Farkle gets here."

The buzzer went off again.

"Farkle!"

"Speaking of Farkle," Lucas looked towards the buzzer. "I'll get it."

He buzzed him in as I finished my breakfast. Farkle came running in.

"Alright, make this quick!" He panted. I make them both sit on the couch.

"Riley's out of her coma." I smile. Both their faces lit up with joy.

"No way!" They said in unison. It was such a coincidence that they always said stuff in unison.

"Yes way! And we're going to go see her today!"

"Really?" Farkle smiled.

"Yup!"

"Alright guys, get ready." Cory said as he helped Auggie put on his jacket. I put on my shoes and head out the door with Lucas and Farkle.

The car ride was fun. Farkle and Lucas kept discussing what they were going to say to Riley. Auggie and I were saying how tight we were going to hug her. Cory and Topanga just watched and laughed.

We entered the waiting room with a stomach full of butterflies and huge smile on our face. As the doctor called for us and took us into the room, we squealed with joy.

I was all the way in the back of the group, feeling more nervous than excited as we got closer and closer to the room.
----------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

My dad was first, like always. He kept quiet the entire time. He hugged me tightly and gave me a kiss on my forehead. His eyes were filled with tears and he was smiling.

"Honey, I missed you."

"I missed you too dad. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it sweetie, I'm just glad you're ok." And with that, he left. What he really didn't know was that I wasn't ok. Mentally, I didn't feel ok at all.

Next was my mom. She was already crying with joy.

"Mom!" I smiled and held out my arms for a hug. She quickly joined in.

"I missed you so much honey. I'm so glad you're alright. When you get home I promise I'll cook up whatever you want, ok?" She let go and kissed my cheek.

"You don't have to do anything special, mom, really. I'm completely satisfied with just being around you guys again."

"Oh honey." She wiped away her tears with a tissue.

"And mom, I just wanted to tell you, you've done absolutely nothing wrong in raising me, ok? I ran away because I knew Maya ran away and I didn't want her to be alone. This wasn't Maya's fault, it was mine."

"Don't blame this on yourself. This wasn't anyone's fault. What's important is that you guys are both alright."

"Thanks mom."