Chapter 39

Maya's POV:

I laid on the bed all bruised up with a cast over my arm. After Cory caught Riley and I, he took me to the hospital. I apparently had a sprained ankle, a broken arm, and several bruises. Then after they gave me crutches for the ankle and a cast for the arm, both Cory and Topanga gave me a huge lecture.

They made me explain everything, and this time, I didn't lie. It wasn't anything major anyway. I wasn't drinking or intentionally fighting. I was just having a nice walk around the city, and they should be used to that from me. One thing I left out though, was why the guys beat me up. I didn't even dare tell Riley.

But it still seemed like the Matthews were mad at me for cruising around without their permission, so I didn't bother getting out of the room for the rest of the day. Of course, I grew bored and started to twist and turn. I eventually fell. And that's when I noticed a few pieces of paper under the bed. That's when Riley walked in and spotted me reading the papers.

"Maya...whatcha got there?" Riley shook.

"I can't believe this." I whispered in disbelief, staring at the papers.

"Maya I-"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD DO THIS!" I yelled. "YOU AND FARKLE AND FUCKING LUCAS! YOU ALL SET THIS UP!"

"We wanted to help you!"

"HOW? BY RUINING MY CONFIDENCE?"

"Maya please understand that what we did was for your own good!"

"I-I don't want to hear it. Get out."

"Maya..."

"Get out."

She looked down at the ground and walked out. I got up onto the bed, still reading the papers.

"Plan get Maya to stop fighting" was written at the top of each paper, along with their names. They had it all planned out very clearly. It was so clear that all they wanted to do was help me. But they didn't help me at all...or at least that's what I thought. Why do they act like they care about me?

Maya, what are you saying? Of course they care about you! They're your friends!

But if they were really my friends, why did I always question my friendship with them?

Then everything hit me. I screamed and cried into my pillow.

There was something I had to do. Something that would change everything for the better.
----------------------------------------------
Author's note:

The next chapter will be the last! Be prepared...

Sorry this book probably ended a little quicker than you thought, but I've got another book I'm working on and I thought up a perfect (and sad) ending for this one.