Chapter 2

Maya's POV:

The nurse returned after half an hour. Does it seriously take that long? He sat in one of the chairs next to my bed. He glanced at the machines and jotted things down on his clipboard.

"Look Maya... About Riley-" He had a sad expression on his face.

"She's OK, isn't she?"

"Well... She's in a coma. We don't know if she'll be alright or not. She stopped breathing on her own so we had to hook her up to a breathing maching, and she is way too weak at this time, we're trying as hard as we can to give her fluids and vitamins."

"Oh...." I looked down, sucking in all the information.

"I'm sorry."

"But you guys are trying your hardest, right?"

"Yes, as hard as we possibly can."

"Ok."

"Do you think your ready to get out? Or at least have visitors?"

"I think I'm ready to get out."

"Great. We'll have you out of here by tomorrow, your family is going to pick you up."

"The Matthews?"

"Yep."

"Ok, thanks."

"Don't mention it. But one more thing if I may?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like me to teach you how to deal with anxiety attacks?"
--------------------------------------------
Cory's POV:

Everyone was very happy, especially Auggie. One thing we were very worried about, was Riley's condition. I finally told Shawn after he cracked it out of me. He reassured me that Riley was a strong bird, especially in the heart.

I got a call saying that Maya was fine, and that she was ready for being picked up tomorrow. Shawn was very excited when I told him. I even called Farkle and Lucas to tell them. We all planned on picking her up together.

The doctor also informed me that Maya has been having anxiety attacks lately. I couldn't blame her though. The poor girl has been through a lot lately.

Topanga and I walked Auggie up to his bed. He started talking after we told him that Riley and Maya were found. We hugged him and set him up on his bed. We kissed his forehead and told him that we were going to pick up Maya tomorrow.

"What about Riley?" He asked.

"Honey, Riley has to stay in the hospital for a little more." Topanga looked down.

"Is she ok?"

"Well, remember what happened to Maya the last time she went into the hospital?"

"Yeah, you told me she was in a comma."

"Coma." Topanga corrected. "But yeah, that's what's happening to Riley now."

"But she's going to be ok, right? Maya was ok."

"We hope she will be."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight Auggie."