Chapter 15

Maya's POV:

"Maya! Maya! Maya!" I could hear people shout my name as I had just won another fight. It was a huge crowd. As people pulled me up above them, I looked down at my beaten up victim. I'm pretty sure I broke a few of his bones. In fact, I wasn't sure if he was still alive. He wouldn't get up.

As I looked closer, I could see a knife stuck in the middle of his back. Wait, did I seriously do that? Fear struck me like lightning. I couldn't have done that. I was just a teenager, I couldn't have actually killed a grown man.

The crowd got smaller and smaller as police sirens got louder and louder. I had no idea what to do, I was scared. My only instinct was to run, but where? It suddenly got really dark. I couldn't see anything.

"MAYA! MAYA! MAYA!" Was the only thing I could hear.

"MAYA! MAYA! WAKE UP!" Wait, what? I closed my eyes tightly and shook my head.

I gasped for air as I woke up and realized it was all just a dream. Riley looked at me confusingly as I panted.

"Bad dream?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess."

"It's alright. It's all over now." She pecked my lips.

"Yeah, it was pretty scary."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"I'd rather forget about it for now." I glanced over at my phone. The time was 6:00am. "Why'd you wake me up so early?"

"It's Monday." She let out a sigh as she picked out an outfit from her closet.

"Already?"

"Yep, now get ready before we're late!"
I hop off the bed. I look in my drawer and picked out some t-shirt and jeans. I go over to the closet and took out a black leather jacket.

"Nice outfit." Riley smiled as she looked at my t-shirt.

"Could say the same about yours." I wink. I head out the door to the bathroom to freshen up.

I first sloppily brush my teeth, then I wash my face, and lastly, I apply some makeup.

"Hurry up, would you?" I heard Riley say.

"Chill, I'm still putting on my lip gloss!" I yell. I open the door while still applying lip gloss.

"Finally."

"Oh no I'm still applying my-"

"Too bad, get out!" Riley pushes me out the door. She slams and locks it.

"Hey!" I kick the door.

I walk down to the kitchen. Everyone else was already up, eating oatmeal. I plop myself down on my seat.

"Ah, the good ol' oatmeal is back." I smile.

"Yep! Eat up." Topanga smiles back. Riley soon comes down and sits next to me.

"Good morning mom, dad,
Auggie." Riley chirps.

"Good morning sweetie." Topanga and Cory say in unison.

"Good morning Riley!" Auggie held out his hand. Riley looked at him at shook it.

"I'm so nervous about school today." Riley shoved a spoonful of oatmeal into her mouth.

"Aww don't be!" Topanga said.

"Yeah, I'll be there with you guys!" Cory pats Riley's head.

"I'll be there too. I swear I will not let anything bother you." I reassure her.

"I guess I have nothing to worry about then, huh?"

"That's right."
--------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

I took a deep breath in as Maya pushed open the school doors. She held my hand and stood close to me for comfort.

"You're doing fine Riles." Maya drops me off at my locker.

"You think so?"

"Yeah, I'll be at my locker if you need anything, ok?"

"Ok." I flash her a smile. I grab all my books and head into my fathers class.
----

After an hour of a lesson on China's five dynasty's, we headed into the next class, gym. That's when it happened.
As I changed into my gym clothes, two girls who were changing across from Maya and I, started staring at me and whispering.

"Skinny ass hoe." One of them muttered. I looked down at my pale, skinny legs.

"Excuse me?" Maya shot a look at the girl.

"Stay out of this Hart, this doesn't concern you."

"It actually happens to be that this does concern me."

"We were talking about the hippy brunette over there, not you."

"That "hippy brunette" happens to be my best friend and girlfriend, you bitch."

"What'd you call me?"

"Bitch." Maya spat.

"Maya stop you don't have to-" I started to worry.

"No, I do have to. You can go ahead into the gym, I'll take care of this."
-----------------------------------------
Author's POV:

Seriously guys, thank you for 100 votes, it means a lot that you guys love my fanfiction so much!

Hopefully, I'll create some more fanfictions after I finish this one.