Chapter 17

Maya's POV:

"Come on! We gotta go!" I grab my friend's hands and run to the subway station. Farkle panted like crazy once we finally got there.

"Farkle it wasn't that far a run you know." Lucas laughed.

"I know. I'm just not the best athlete." Farkle wheezed.

"Maya, are you ok?" Riley asked me with a worried expression.

"I'm fine! It's just a couple of bruises and scratches, no big deal." I smiled to let her know that I was completely fine.

"We'll help you fix those up once we get to the apartment." Farkle said. Lucas and Riley nodded.

"Thanks guys." We head onto the subway.
-------------------------------------------
Lucas' POV:

"Hold still!" I yell out.

"It hurts! Stop it!" Maya whines.

"Well you shouldn't have fought her." Riley exclaimed.

"I did beat her up pretty good though, didn't I?"

"Sure, but you could've got even more hurt. You were just lucky that she didn't have any experience." I stated in a serious tone.

"Whatever cowboy."

Riley and Farkle put ice on her bruises while I took care of the scratches and cuts. Most of the scratches were bleeding, and were all over her leg. Maya kept complaining and whining the whole time. Once we were done, she finally shut up.

"Are you ok now?" I asked.

"Just fine." She nodded.

"No more fights, ok?"

"Ok." She muttered.
---------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

There was a loud knocking on the door. Lucas and Farkle had already left, and my mom was at work.

"Police! Open up!" My eyes darted directly at Maya. Her eyes widened and put her finger over her lip, indicating me to keep quiet.

"That's weird, I'll get it." My dad got up from kitchen table, where he was grading papers. He opened the door and two, tall police men stood at the doorway.

"Hello, is this the Matthews household?" One of them asked.

"Yes, is anything wrong?"

"Is Maya Hart here?"

My dad quickly looked at her. Maya tried to hide herself behind me.

"Right over there." My dad pointed at Maya.

"Well, just so you know, Maya here has gotten into a fight."

"Really?" My dad looked pretty mad.

"Yes, the other girl who was in the fight has a broken leg and nose. She also has many bruises and scratches on her face."

"Maya!" He yelled.

"Yes sir?" She smiled nervously.

"Come here and explain everything to the police and I."

She let out a deep sigh and explained everything.

"Well young lady, you're not in much trouble, but next time you get into a fight, you sure will be." The police officers eyed her and left.

"Maya, don't you ever get into a fight like that again! I don't care what the reason is, you never hit anyone." My dad lectured.

Maya nodded. We then went up to my room.

"First day back to school and I already got in trouble!" Maya jumped on to the bed.

"You're not in trouble. They just gave you a warning. It's not that bad." I implied.

"Who said I didn't want to get in trouble?"

"Maya no."

"Maya yes!"