Chapter 7

Maya's POV:

I stood there, staring at her pale, helpless, lifeless body. There was so many machines attached to her. It's my fault she's like this. If it weren't for me, she'd still be full of life and bouncing around happily.

I started breathing abnormally, my palms started sweating, and I was shaking. My stomach fluttered. I could feel my throat getting tighter and tighter. The walls were closing in and I fell on my knees.

Topanga quickly looked over at me. She let go of Auggie and ran to me.

"Cory! Maya!" Topanga yelled out. Cory stopped talking to Riley and ran over to us.

"What's wrong? Maya? Are you ok?" Cory asked me. I'm pretty sure he said that. I couldn't make out everything they were saying.

"Call.... Doctor.... I don't think... Attack." Was all I could hear them say.
--------------------------------------------
Cory's POV:

I watched Maya's half- conscious face. She seemed very dizzy and I didn't think she could hear very much.

"Hurry! Call the doctor! I don't think this is an anxiety attack, it seems more serious." Topanga yelled to me.

I nodded and ran outside, calling out for help. Two doctors soon came in and examined Maya. Another doctor came in with water. One doctor grabbed a chair and two others helped Maya onto it. They said something to her and gave her the glass of water. She gulped it down and thanked them.

"She'll be alright. It was just shock and anxiety." The doctor assured me. All three doctors left.

"How about we try this again?" I said to everyone.
-------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

"Riley! It's your dad. This is my first time seeing you in 3 months you know. I know you've been through a lot honey-" I heard. How weird. I didn't know you could still hear after you died.

After my dad stopped talking for some reason, I heard a lot of weird noises. I think I heard something collapse.

"MAYA!" I heard someone yell. Shit.

"Call a doctor!" I heard my mom yell. Why would there be a doctor at a funeral? Wouldn't you call the ambulance? Or maybe I just wasn't dead.

I started worrying a bit. What happened to Maya? Was she alright? Was she the person that collapsed. I hope not.

"Alright I'm back. What was I saying? Oh yeah! Look, I know you've been through a lot and may not be feeling so great right now, but we all need you. You're so important to us. I don't know what we'd do without you."

If I'm not dead, then where the hell was I? Why do I feel dead? Why can I feel pain and hear everything?

"Riley sweetie, it- it's your mom. I miss you so much, we all do. I know you're in a very tough place right now but just please, at least try. Try to get out of this. I promise when you get out I'll be here to help you. Please d-don't think I'm mad at you or anything. And I'm sorry if you're mad at me. I'm sorry if I've done anything wrong with raising you. I love you, ok?" I heard my mom choke out. I'm pretty sure I could hear her crying. I wanted to cry too. I really just wanted to hug her and tell her that she's done absolutely nothing wrong in raising me.

"Hi Riley! It's Auggie. Did you know that I'm this many now? Oh wait you can't see. I'm now 6. You missed my birthday, but that's ok. We can have a party when you wake up! I really missed you you know. Maya started living with us again not too long ago. She's done a great job of being a sister to me while you were gone, but I still need you to be my sister. It's not the same without you. Did you know I wouldn't talk for 2 months because you were gone? Just please wake up so we can have fun again, all 3 of us, ok? Love you."

I was so proud of him. I wanted to give him a huge kiss on the cheek.

"H-hey." I heard. I completely recognized who it was. Just from hearing the crack in her voice, I wanted to jump up and hug her as tightly as I could.

"It's um- it's Maya. I'm so sorry for all this. I really am. This all my fault!" I could hear Maya crying. Oh my god. I couldn't believe she thought this was her fault.

"Ok- ok I'm sorry. I'm fine now." She took a deep breath.

"Hey look, whatever you do, just keep fighting. I don't care if you think you're a failure or if you feel like giving up, just keep fighting! Because I can assure you that you're not whatever you think you are. I need you Riles, we all do. I haven't been the same person as I used to be the whole time you were gone. I need your help. I need your love. I can't face life without you. You're my everything. You're strong, and I know you can get through all this!" I could feel her holding my hand. I wanted to hold her hand back. I tried my best to squeeze her hand.

"I love you, ok? Wake up. For me?"