chapter 23

Ameiah's pov

Chan walked me to my home and we discussed about how much syllabus both of us had to cover in two weeks. We held hands all the time . He stood a few feets away as i knocked on the door.

It was odd that someone was home, Felix was in practice and i personally don't think Aura would be home yet so, basically it should be dad. I turned around and chan was still standing there.
"Go now" i chuckled.
"I will, first you go inside. "

I turned away as i heard footsteps towards the door . I expected dad to open the door but i was caught off guard when mom opened the door. My eyes widened and i instantly hugged her.

"Amy, surprise! " she giggled stroking my hair.

"I missed you. " i started crying out of happiness and kissed her cheek.
"I missed you too." She hugged me more tightly .
Soon dad came from behind and started laughing.
"Your mother decided to surprise you , so she secretly took a flight and called me only after she landed here. " dad chirped.

"Eomma, saranghae! (I love you mom) " I said still not pulling away from her.
"Oh...chan come here." Dad said as he looked outside and saw chan standing there.

Ok , to be honest i kinda forgot about Chan being there. I pulled away from mom and hugged her from the back, placing my chin on her shoulders, i looked ahead at chan who walked in our house nervously looking at me.

"Honey, this is chan. our daughter's boyfriend. " Dad said and i instantly looked at dad whilst chan looked at mom and greeted her bowing 90 degrees.
Woah, this shit is more embarrassing than it should be.

"So, your name is Chan?" My mom asked.
"Nae (yes), Bang Christopher Chan."
"Where are you from? " my mom asked.
"Sydney, Australia. " he said nervously stealing glances at me.

Wow, why am i embarrassed?

"I have heard about you from Amy's dad. You are a nice boy." As my mom started giving out all the information dad provided her ,i looked at dad with narrow eyes. He just shrugged and mouthed "i had to."

Mom and Chan talked for like whole 15 minutes while dad and me just kept looking at each other aimlessly trying to figure out when did this turn into an interview.
"Okay chan, you are really a good person. " my mom patted his shoulder and then looked at me,"he is better than you ."

"Woah woah woah what? " i asked pulling away from the hugging position.

"He is more sincere than you can ever be. " mom chuckled.
"Thank you. " chan said shyly.
"You know what mom, i love dad more." I said pouting and then both dad and I hugged each other dramatically and pretended to cry.

"Might as well enroll you both in an acting academy. " mom rolled her eyes.
"Chan, you stole my mom." I mumbled.

"Wh- " he sighed. " Aunty, i need to go now for the practice, changbin and Jisung are probably waiting. "
"Can't you have dinner with us?" Mom asked him.

"Amy, did your mom ever called us to dinner so sweetly?" Dad whispered.
"Ani (no) " i whispered back.

"Actually we have to start arranging the songs. I will visit another time." Chan said.
"Bring all the boys then." Mom said and then they bid their goodbyes and chan left.

The rest of the evening, dad and me spent bothering mom about why she never talked to us so sweetly and accompanied her in unpacking. But i was the happiest when Felix came back.
I squealed and ran to hug him immediately!

"Lixieeeee!"

"Hi to you too, Amy." He chuckled ruffling my hair.
"I missed you, gosh i haven't seen you for so long. You are always busy." I pouted.