Chapter 25: This Is Goodbye... For Now

(This is the final chapter!
The final chapter...
I'm sorry...)

Zanes POV (...we'll be switchin soon...)

"You got my hoodie?"

"Yeah, I'm keeping it."

I chuckle, "Good, I want you to keep it." I look down at his hand, and see the ring I got him still on his finger. "And I want you to keep that too."

He lift his hand, looking at it. I grab it, pulling his hand to my lips and kiss it. I move his sleeve down a little, and look at the scared skin.

"And promise me you won't EVER hurt yourself again. I need you to fucking promise that when we can meet and talk again, there will not be a single fresh cut on your perfect skin."

"I promise you I will not hurt myself again."

"If you ever feel like you need to, promise me you will go to someone and distract yourself from it."

"I promise, I promise that I promise. And, you better promise to be safe on those fucking jobs of yours. If I figure out you got yourself hurt because of that job I will have a stern talk with you."

"I promise I will protect myself and stay safe." There's a calm silence after he nods to my promise. "This is not goodbye forever, it's just..." I start off, and trail off.

"It's a goodbye for now?"

I nod, I feel my lip quiver, so I bite the inside of it. I let go of his hand, then pull him into a final hug.

"You don't hate me, do you?"

He stays quiet, making me scared. He pulls back, the pulls my head down to kiss him. I want to kiss back, but I know it'll be harder for me to leave. But, when he lets go of my head with one hand, and slaps my shoulder, I get the message I should kiss back. And I do, and it's the best kiss I've had with him so far. It's a perfect mix of "I love you" and "I want you".

We break after a few seconds. I stare down at him, he stared up at me. I smile, he smile.

"I love you, my little Emo."

"I love you too, my badboy."

----

Shane's POV

He leaves, I watch him go. He stoped and looked back once, then he continued on after a final wave. I open the door and walk in. I shut it, lock it.

I sob and slide down the door.

Oh my fucking god, I feel like I'm suffocating. Like, my lungs were just ripped out of my chest. I sob and sob some more. My cousin comes down the stairs and sees me. She sits by my side and hugs me until I stop.

"Did you and Zane break up?"

"Yeah Maddy, we did. But, it's going to be okay, because in the future we will be together again. It's just going to take a few months."

"I'm still his sidekick right?"

"Of course, but by heart... we can't see each other in person anymore."

"Why not?"

"You know how he said he catches bad guys?" She nods. "Well, a bad guy wants to get me, because they want to capture Zane. And Zane is working with another hero to catch the bad guy so I'm safe. But, if the bad guy finds me with him, then they are gonna get me. So, Zane and I aren't going to be talking or friends for now, so I am safe."

"Zane's saving you?"

"Basically, yeah."

"Zane's a good guy! And the good guys always win against the bad guy!"

"Yeah, Zane's a really good good guy, huh?"

"Can we print out to picture of Zane and I in our capes?"

"Of course, then, let's get your homework and go for a library date, yeah?"

"Okay. Are you feeling happier?"

"Yes, I'm much happier. Thank you Maddie."

--

I told my aunt, I told my parents (without mentioning that it was because someone's blackmailing him and using me), I told G and Sammy, and Jay already "knew", so that's done on my half. I get a text from Ethan asking if I was okay, so Zane told Ethan and Tattoo Guy(John). I'm guessing he's going to tell his parents and Chance soon, it has only been 4 hours since the breakup.

Wow, 4 hours huh...

It's truly over, isnt it? Oh my god, it's over. We said our goodbyes, it hurts so much. So, so much.

But I need to stay strong, we'll be together again, one day. I know we will be. We will be together again. Everything will be okay then.

I know it has to be.

It will be...

Right?

(OKAY!!! IM SO SORRY! THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!

YES! THERE IS GOING TO BE A SEQUEL!

NO, THAT ONE WILL NOT HAVE A SAD ENDING!

PLEASE LEAVE ANY QUESTION OR COMMENTS YOU LIKE! I WANT TO KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AND I WILL APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STICKING THROUGH THIS HORRIBLE BOOK! I CANT BELIVE ITS OVER

Thank you once again, I seriously couldn't be happier than I am right now with how you guys have supported me. So, thank you, I hope you liked it, have a nice day or night to all my binary and non-binary friends. I love you all!)