Four

"Do you have your medication?"

"Yes ma'am." I grab a piece of toast from the toaster and placed it on the plate, where I had grape jelly ready to be smeared on my toast.

I had about forty minutes to get to school cause it starts at eight thirty and it was seven something now, so I had to make sure I took a shower this morning and ate something before I left.

Plus had my coffee cause I couldn't deal with today without it.

I don't know how I would survive every morning without coffee, so I make sure to drink enough to start my day off right.

Of course mom doesn't necessarily approve of me drinking so much coffee. She says how it's not good for me, drinking so much caffeine but I can't seem to stay away from it.

Usually mom wakes up after I do when she doesn't have to work that day. I'm usually up before she is, but this morning I came in the kitchen to find her in here sitting at the table.

She started asking if I had all my medications that I take to the nurse. I have to take one in the morning, one after I eat then another one later in the afternoon.

This I had to take another one at night before I go to bed, so it was a lot to remember.

I have to give the school nurse my three main medications so she can call me in there and I can take them properly.

Then after the day ends, I have to take them back home with me and bring them back in the morning.

The school has a funny thing about keeping students medicines, so I have to keep bringing them back home and taking them back to school the next morning.

It's some complicated shit but that's how the school system works.

I've been taking medication since I was eleven years old.

I take Antidepressants, along with other shit such as Anxiolytic medication. I also take Escitalopram and Risperidone.

It's a lot to take in but I'm used to taking a shit load of pills, so I'm used to it. It's a little hard to explain to someone on all the medications I have to take cause they're genuinely confused since I'm only nineteen.

After I ate my toast, I poured a glass of milk before downing it then wiping my mouth. I placed the glass in the sink then made sure the toaster was put up and I didn't leave any messes.

Mom was sitting at the table, on her laptop with her glasses on. I couldn't help but smile as I knew she works so hard for us and comes home to work even harder to take care of her family.

My mom is a Registered nurse and works over at the hospital in the city. She sometimes works late nights or early in the mornings, but when she's not working she spends time with us.

I look up to my mom more than she knows. I always knew that when I grew up, I wanted to be just like her.

She's a strong, amazing woman who everyone loves and she has a heart of gold. She cares with every ounce of her soul and she always has a smile on her face which makes me happy.

She looks up from her laptop and caught me staring at her. Looking over her glasses, she smiles before removing them. "What?"

"Just looking at my beautiful mom."

She smiles then places her glasses on the table. She leans back before crossing her arms, looking at me for a moment. "Thank you baby. Do you have all your medications?" I nod. "Did you take your morning one?"

"Yep."

"With water?"

Smiling, I nod. "Yes ma'am."