Forty Three

Before y'all read this chapter, I just want you all to know that the previous chapter was not going to be written the way it was. It was actually going to be written completely different, but as I finished it I didn't like the way it was so I rewritten it and now this book is taking a different turn than I had planned.

Is that a good thing? Probably not.

But it makes the book longer now.

And also more heart breaking.

Enjoy :)

My eyes opened to bright lights, a white room and noises all around me that made my head pound even worse than it was.

But I was alive.

Looking around, I noticed I was in the hospital and my head hurt like hell. I honestly couldn't even move cause my head was in so much pain and it was crazy.

The pain was very much present.

I just stared at the ceiling, waiting for a nurse or doctor to walk in.

When I look over at the heart monitor thing, I saw the lines moving up and down like they should and all the noises, I'm guessing, indicating that everything was working properly.

The numbers that were on the monitor was something I was not familiar with, but I'm guessing it's all ok.

I had tubes in my arms, a thing on my finger and it was freezing in this room. I had a thin sheet over me, which wasn't enough and it felt like a morgue in here.

My head hurts the worse though.

A pain was in the back of it and it was insane.

Something I could have never imagine.

When I thought about what happened, I had a faint memory of it but I mostly remembered Josh pointing the gun at me and that's it.

I remember the gun firing afterwards.

As I laid there, I remembered that Kyndra was in James' arms as he was holding her back.

I remember screaming but nothing else.

I tried not thinking of the worse but it was hard to do when I didn't know what happened.

I looked around and saw the nurse button that was on the remote next to me on the bed. I then pressed it a few times until I laid there and waited for someone to come into the room.

Moving my hand up towards my head, I touched the back of it and felt stitches. I placed my arm back down in time for the door to the room to open and a nurse walks in.

A doctor was right behind her, stopping at the foot of the bed. "Addison? I'm Dr. Walts. How are you feeling?"

"In pain mostly." I watch as he talks with the nurse and she exits the room.

He walks over to the side of the bed. "Rate your pain."

"Uh, an eight."

He nods, looking me over and making sure everything was good. He looks over at the monitor then back at me. "Can I see your stitches? Can you lean up for me?"

Doing so was hard, but I managed to lean up for him to look at the back of my head. I felt him moving my hair around then the door opened and I saw my mom walk in with Dylan and Caleb behind her.

My moms eyes were bloodshot.

Dylan's eyes were red and Caleb was wiping his eyes as well.

I laid back down as the doctor started talking to my mom, but my only focus was on Dylan. She was looking at me the whole time and I saw so many emotions written on her face.