Twenty

It was a few hours when I went back home. I decided to ride around, ignoring all the calls I was getting on my phone cause I knew it was Dylan trying to get ahold of me, so I didn't bother looking at my phone.

When I looked at the time, it was around one in the afternoon. I had been gone for three hours, not caring about a thing in the world as I was trying to focus on nothing but myself.

As I pulled into the driveway, I looked over at Dylan's house before grabbing my phone and getting out. I looked down at my phone and saw that I had ten missed calls from my mom and Dylan called me seven times.

A few text messages, but I ignored all of them.

I'll talk to my mom when she gets home. Maybe she'll understand why I ignored all the calls and texts if I just explain to her that I needed some alone time.

After I unlocked the door, I walked in then shut it behind me. I walked into the kitchen and decided to make me something to drink. I opened the fridge and started looking around before I heard the front door shut.

Looking over at the entrance, I saw Dylan walk in and by the look on her face, I could tell she wasn't the happiest.

I slowly shut the fridge as she crossed her arms and continued to look at me. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I told you I was hanging out by myself."

"You know your mom was worried sick? I called her and told her you wasn't answering your calls, so she started calling you. You didn't answer her calls either, Addison." She continued to stare at me. "She was worried and said she was coming home, but I told her I'll handle it."

I held up my hands. "I'll explain to her why I wanted to be alone."

She sighs. "Look, I may not fully understand why you can't be alone, but if your mom was worried sick like she was then I knew that it was something serious."

"Cause I have depression. I threatened to kill myself numerous times. I'm fighting demons in my head and voices telling me that I'm better off dead. Ok?"

Her expression was something I couldn't read.

"Addison.." She started walking towards me and I held my hand up.

"Don't."

She crossed her arms. "Maybe next time, don't give your mom and me a heart attack." I look at her as she looks somewhere else. "I was worried too."

Looking at her for a moment, I look back at the fridge where I still was holding the handle. "You don't have to be." I opened the fridge then looked inside. "Everyone gets worried about me but they don't know that I'm fine."

I could see her in the corner of my eye, taking a few steps before stopping. She was looking at me then I turned my head towards her.

"Like I said before.. I'm sorry you have to go through this."

Shrugging, I took a water bottle out of the fridge then turned back towards her. "Been dealing with it since I was ten. I'm use to it." I took a sip of my water and saw her watching me for a moment before looking away.

"If you need anyone to talk to-"

"No." I shook my head. "I keep my problems to myself. I stopped going to therapy because I was tired of opening up. I can't deal with shit from my past. Talking doesn't help me."

She nods. "I understand."

I look at her. "Do you?"

"Of course. Look, I'm not going to pressure you into talking about something you don't want to talk about. I just thought you'd like to talk to me about whatever." She looks at me for a moment. "Plus, I miss being around you."