𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥

D-82: PRACTICE RUN.

Kim Sunwoo:

It's been almost four months since we started training for the mission together with The Marionettes. And since they moved in temporarily with us. Everything has thankfully been going smoothly as of now. Today, 'Kira decided the maknae line would go out to practice everything we had learned about conning from her so far. Packed in the van with Hyunjae hyung as our driver, we made our way to the popular shopping district just a couple of miles away from the mansion. "Okay guys. First, I'm gonna show you guys an example. And then you each will try in different stores one by one, okay?" 'Kira explained. She was a good teacher, and I was glad she was a part of the maknae line and not with the hyungs. Not that I would ever admit it though. We stopped a block away from Louis Vuitton. "You're gonna show us an example from an expensive ass store like this?" Haknyeon hyung gasped.

"Yeah, why?" She nonchalantly shrugged. I loved that chill and laid back attitude she had while working. "Don't they have like, really high security and shit, I mean. This is a world renowed brand after all." Hyunjoon hyung wondered. "No, actually. Believe it or not, this is one of the easiest stores to con. Watch me." Kira smirked and got out of the car. "Can you hear us?" Eric asked her once she was in front of the doors to the store. We all had earplugs on to communicate with each other, and due to the large windows all over the expanse of the store, we could easily look inside the store from our place in the van. "Yeah." She briefly replied before walking in. "Oh my god, I'm excited to see her in action for the first time!" Hyunjae hyung spoke and we shushed him. Watching as our mentor casually walked around the store, taking accessories and perfumes from the racks. She spared a discreet glance at us from one of the windows as she made her way to the counter.

What is she doing? If she goes to the counter she'll definitely get caught! I put a finger to my lips, motioning for all the guys to listen to her quietly. Intrigued to see what happens next. "Uh. Excuse me." She spoke to the lady at the cashier. "Good morning ma'am, how may I help you?" I heard the woman say. "Uh, yeah I was wondering if I could return these. My fiance' got them for me, but we broke off the engagement. No point in keeping them now, am I right?" Kira nonchalantly made conversation with the woman. "I'm so sorry about that ma'am. Do you have the receipts for them?" The woman inquired. "No, he gave them to me as I gift. I don't have the reciepts." Kira frowned but I could swear I spotted a smirk lurking under that expression. "I'm sorry ma'am, you can't return those if you don't have the reciepts." Kira faked a sigh "Oh well, nevermind I'll keep them then. Can you at least give me a bag?" The woman at the counter handed her a bag.

Putting the stolen goods inside the bag, she mumbled a thank you to the woman, and calmly walked out of the store. She got inside the van and everyone was quiet until she spoke "See, wasn't so hard now, was it?" She smirked. "OH MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS AMAZING!" Hyunjae hyung screamed from the drivers seat. All of the guys began complimenting her at once, their voices muddled together, sounding like utter gibberish. I just stared at her in awe. This girl really is something else. She smiled and put her hands up to quiet everyone down. "We better get going if we don't wanna get caught." Hyunjae hyung nodded and we were on our way to the next store. After reaching the shopping mall, Hyunjae hyung dropped us off and left, since he was missing his training with Alex Noona. The five of us walked around until Kira spotted a store.

Patting my arm, she speaks "Sunwoo, you go into that store." I stuttered "W-wait what? Why me first? How about Eric?" She chuckled "Come on, douche. You can do this!" She encouraged me along with the other guys. They lightly pushed me toward the store and spread out. Kira went inside the store with me, and pretended to be looking around, waiting for me to do something. I took out a mug that had the words "Best dad ever" on it. Taking out an erasable marker from my pocket, I discreetly smudged some ink onto the surface of the cup. Letting it dry, I went to the counter. The guy there didn't even bother looking at me until I cleared my throat. Such bad customer service. "Uh... When I opened the package for this mug, it was already ruined. Can I exchange this?" The guy pointed at a sign saying items were non-refundable and exchanges couldn't be made. Not that I needed to know, anyways.

I nodded and turned back, walking out of the store, and turning around the corner for good measure. I waited there until everyone else regrouped. Congratulating me. "See, that wasn't so bad now. I think you did pretty good for your first time!" Kira smiled warmly at me and shook my hand. Too bad she wasn't much of an affectionate person. I really wanted to hug her and thank her. It's worth a shot, though. I opened my arms out to her, and looked at her innocently. "Please?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. She crossed her arms and huffed "Fine." I'm usually not this affectionate either, but something about her just makes me want to be affectionate with her. She walked into my embrace. I immediately wrapped my arms around her waist and held her close. Her arms around my neck. I smiled into her neck "Thanks Kira, I couldn't have done it without you." She answered "No problem, douche."

Kira smelled so good, like Vanilla beans with a hint of coffee. I love it. After Eric had a go but ended unsuccessfully, the five of us headed back home. Making our way inside the mansion, we separated ways. I went to my room, and put the mug I stole on top of my desk. Looking at it reminded me of her.

Flashback~

"Does this look good?" She asked us, holding up the mug she was decorating. It was almost christmas, and she bought 13 white mugs. Calling all of us maknaes to help her, we started decorating the mugs for everyone. "Who's that for, Noona?" I asked her. "Take a guess Woo." She smiled. I looked at the white mug with half of a basketball on its lower half. "Cobie hyung?" I took a guess and she nodded. "It's pretty. Suits his personality." I gave her a thumbs up. She ruffled my hair playfully and looked at the mug I was decorating. I had written 'Best grandpa ever' on it. "Let me guess, Sangyeon?" She laughed heartily. I smiled "How did you get it?" "He's obviously the biggest grandpa here!" She answered.

"Then you're the biggest grandma here!" Eric chuckled at her. "Ah, I guess that's true." She admitted and everyone burst into laughter. "Noona, I made a mistake and now I can't wipe it off." Hyunjoon hyung whined as he handed her the cup. She pouted "Don't worry Joonie, Noona will fix it for you." She took out a wet wipe and carefully cleaned the cup to the best of her abilities. Suddenly Haknyeon pulled me and Eric over. "It's time for the surprise!" He whispered as Hyunjoon hyung came over. I held the surprise in my hands, the other guys walking in a line in front of me to cover it. "What are you doing?" She asked, raising a brow. The boys moved away from in front of me. Revealing the little cake as well as the box we made for her. "This is a thank you for everything you've done for us. And a little early Christmas gift!" I told her.

"Aw, you guys didn't have to do this!" We shook our heads "Absolutely not! You deserve it Noona. We love you!" Eric spoke as he rushed to hug her. She opened her arms wider, and the rest of us also joined in the group hug. She took a hold of the box after we parted from the hug. Opening it to find a small card from the maknaes, as well as a charm bracelet. "We can't and we never got to live a normal life. But you changed that for us. Even with all of these hardships, you managed to give us a life filled with happiness, and a bit of normality. That bracelet has 12 different charms, each representing the 12 of us. We hope you like it." Hyunjoon hyung told her. Tears flowed down from her eyes and I rushed to her. Wiping the tears flowing down her cheeks with my thumbs. "I absolutely love it. Thank you guys so much. I love you all very very very much. I'll wear it all the time!" She announced.

End of flashback~

And she did wear it all the time. Even while taking her last breath. I smiled at the bittersweet memory. Checking the time on my clock, I saw that it was almost 9:30 pm. I'll skip dinner. Going into the bathroom, and changing my clothes, I crawled onto bed and closed my eyes. I heard the door open "Sunwoo it's dinner-" Changmin hyung spoke, but stopped when I assume he saw my "sleeping figure". "Oh, sleep tight then." He mumbled and left. Thank god, I just wanted to be alone right now.