2• Surprise

You reach your class on time. But something unusual happened, everyone was staring at you in surprise and admiration.

You couldn't figure out why. You looked at your clothes from top to bottom, everything seemed fine.

You fixed your hair before walking towards Mia and taking a seat beside her. She was scribbling something on her notepad, she didn't notice you until you said "Hey Mia! Ssup?"

She looks up and flashes her widest ever seen smile. She holds your hands and almost jumps before you stop her with "what's the excitement for, babe?" In a screeched voice, without intention.

"Bro, don't play me now! I'm sooooOOoOOooOoO happy for you, Congratulations!" She says in a breathe.

You couldn't figure out why exactly was that for and looked around the room, now nobody out of only a few sitting was staring at you, everyone busy with themselves.
Maybe my hair was untidy. But what's up with Mia? You thought.

"Ok, I don't understand what you're talking about, please bother?" You say sounding a little confused.

Mia slaps your arm before shouting "You won the friggin- Again,  Jesus Christ god I can't believe you won the International Essay Competition bitch!"

"Ok I- what?" You say, her words being repeated in your head as you gaze in disbelief.

You had attempted a Korean Essay Competition held under the MUN- culture party over the topic 'Diplomacy'.

But that was a year ago, I guess? You think.

"I guess you haven't checked your mail...I found out when someone from Dean's office called for you."
Mia says and gestures you to sit down with her small fingers, before sitting.

You sit beside her and flung your Mailbox open right away before realizing that you hadn't switched on the internet when you checked, before breakfast.

So. After going through a big mail of congratulations and seeing a big certificate attachment.

You see another mail from the same name, Embassy of the Republic of South Korea, (your/country/name)

So.

You read it once.

I don't believe it.

You read it twice.

I think Jesus loves me the most. But I wish it was a French Competition though!

You take a deep breath.

You shove your phone into Mia's face.

"What the hell" she spits.

"Bro, read this, I'm going to Dean's office," you say smiling from ear to ear, like in a cute way.

You blow a kiss to her face, which she obviously didn't notice because she couldn't believe a shit she was reading.

You walk your way towards Dean's office.

You hear Mia shouting
"you one lucky dumb-headed purple loving rainbow classic girl, I love you" behind you, you turn around to give her an air hug, and ran. Like, literally ran to the Dean's office.

[At the office]

You enter a spacious room with a large-sized desk in the center.

You see an old man, skin gleaming as he looked concentrated.

He was working on his laptop and didn't seem to have noticed your presence. You walk closer and say your greetings.

He looks up and smiles.
"Oh, you're here, y/n. I'm proud of you, my dear. I'm happy that you have made our university so proud, After many years." He says, slowly.