58• away

"ask someone to take his body away, I cannot bear it," Bonghee said from behind, strolling forward.

Everyone realized that Byong Joon's body was still on the ground and his wife hadn't shed one tear for his death.

That alone was loud enough for everyone to understand how horrible the husband he had been.

"Yes dear, let's get out here first." Si Hyuk said and both of them walked out, leaving three of you alone.

Jungkook also walked closer so that the three of you were practically in a circle.

Taehyung was nervous to say anything but he spoke, hoping for everything to be alright.

"I am sorry for everything, let me take you back home." He said with apologetic eyes.

Jungkook was waiting for you to respond, anxiously biting his lips as he did.

You looked up at his torn face. His swollen eyes pleading for forgiveness.

He cupped your cheeks and you embraced his touch with your hands on his.

"I think I need to see my mother, that is my home." You said plainly and removed his hands from your face.

Jungkook gasped while Taehyung didn't move an inch.

He knew that this didn't mean forgiveness. He knew that the look in your eyes didn't mean forgiveness.

He knew that everything becoming right in the end didn't mean that he hadn't been wrong to you before.

"Y/n you promised, to- to never let go," Jungkook said, holding you by your wrist to stop you from taking a step towards the door.

Jungkook didn't want you to leave, he couldn't let you leave. He knew Taehyung would break down if you left without words, again.

You felt the stone of disappointment hit the bottom of your chest.

Something in the way Taehyung was standing stiff put your heart off. You wanted to get away from him, without having to decide if you wanted to forgive him or not.

You wondered why he was asking for forgiveness, what even did that mean.

You had simply put forward a wish to see your mother because you couldn't bear seeing his face that reminded you that he had been hiding all that you needed to know.

You wanted to go away from him, without thinking about your feelings for him.

You jerked your hand away from Jungkook's hold.

"Ask him if didn't promise me honesty!" You said in a shrill tone, almost about to cry.

That almost became all in just a second when your eyes met Taehyung's.

"Sorry." He whispered but you chose to walk away.

You stomped out of the room without turning back to spare him one last glance that he was yearning for.

He didn't stop you either.

Taehyung knew you needed time to think things over. Now that, you were offered help by the embassy and everything had been solved, he knew you would want to see your mother.

He knew he couldn't keep you to his side always, he was ready to let go if you had asked for it.

But, he didn't want to say goodbye on a bitter note.