36• yearning

Taehyung was supposed to be at the company for about a week.

You felt heartsick because for past two days he wasn't beside you when you woke up.

You replied to his 'Good Morning' text with a picture of Tan and yourself since he always sent you a picture of himself, everyday.

You watched him online, trying not to miss him but every minute seemed longer than was with him.

With him, it was Tempus fugit, two of you finding even twenty four hours of the day less for the fun you wanted to be.

Time with him was beautiful, like a river, peaceful and deep.

It was hard to pass seconds without the warmth of his smile and mischief of his heart, one like that of a child.

By then, Tan had grown extremely fond of you, he loved playing with you all the time and was usually with you in your room, as if you were just like Taehyung to him.

He would follow you around the house if you went looking for something or trying your hands on a certain dish, he'd be by your side in the kitchen.

You wondered how life would change when you'd go back home.

Even the thought made you sick to stomach.

Listening to Taehyung's voice made you feel better, as if his voice was your rescue from all the negative thoughts you had been having since the day you had met Si Hyuk.

You decided to look into police records with help of Si Hyuk.

But, unfortunately, Si Hyuk was busy and hadn't got any time to help you to investigate a kidnapping plus murder case during a Pandemic.

You were a little disappointed but you hadn't expected a lot from him so, you were on your own now, trying your best to recollect the facts, names of people involved.

Outcome was zero.

All you remembered was being betrayed and falling into an abandoned garage with ropes around your wrist and veil on your eyes.

You remembered feeling your heart crumbling at the sounds of your father being beaten, fighting with all his blood and bones, fighting to save you.

You remembered two gun shots.

Followed by two men yelling two names.
One of them was your dad yelling your name in his last breathe.

That was something that had been repeating in your head since you stepped foot in Seoul.

Only spending time with Taehyung helped your mind off that event and then he wasn't here, you felt empty and once again, consumed by the darkness.

You missed him.

So much, you felt your heart calling his name with every beat.

You missed him not because he made you feel worth living but because you knew that he completed you.

You had lived an empty life, a life with no tomorrow. But Taehyung changed it all with a smile, with his shelter, his strong arms. You had never felt love, he changed everything for you, he changed the meaning of living with just one kiss.

Your feelings for him weren't a joke, he wasn't your crush, these feelings you had been feeling for ever since he crossed the line were real, of pure, serene love.

How did I live without him? How did I make it this far without knowing him?

You remembered when you first saw him, you promised yourself that you'd never let yourself fall for him.