15• Question

You thought about Taehyung on your way back to your room.

You wondered what could be the reason he would self harm. You could find none, you saw that he had everything one would want in life. Thinking about him had become your daily schedule.

When you couldn't sleep at night, you thought of how he was so straight forward with you. 

You hadn't met such a person, something about him seemed off. You wondered about his past life and present life.

You thought alot about him, you couldn't stop yourself.

He was getting over you, after the moment in the dining hall before, you felt unsure about why you kept thinking about him day in and day out.

It was weird, he seemed strange to you when he mentioned about self harm in front of you, as if he knew that you knew about him, that's what didn't get past you.

How could he be so casual about such a thing?
You certainly felt that he had been bittersweet with you, one day he had asked you to drop honorifics with him and the next day he meets you, he considered himself superior to you.

He's just a strange creature.

But y/n don't you wanna know why he's super strange?

You decided to ask all the questions to him today.

You heard a knock on the door and you knew it was Taehyung.

"Yes Taehyungsii I'm here, please come in." You said, sitting upright.

He walked in, his ruffled, slightly wet hair caught your eyes as he walked towards your bedside with his hands in his loose sweatpants.

You suddenly pulled the duvet close to you, collected it into your lap and gestured him to sit in front of you.

"Get comfortable." You said as he sat down, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"See, this is what I've written so far, tell me if you think something is missing or odd" he said handing you his phone.

You took his phone, seeing the notes application opened and read the song he had written, it was fairly in English and very, very, very poetic, you were very impressed how he had put the gist of the previous discussions with you about ' being in love with your friend ' with such precision and beauty. You admired the song.

"This is so beautiful, Taehyungssi. Have you decided any melody for it?" You said.

"Thanks, about the melody....uh, see, I've been writing lyrics for more than three songs for past two days straight so I don't have the accuracy to the tone right now...." He said and you nodded before he continued, "But as you said I should keep it soft and pleasant, I'll have to pay more attention, close attention to it."

"Well, what can I say now, I'm not a musician. All I know is to fiddle with words." You said, reaching out to hand him his mobile.

You had to keep your hand streched for a while because you found him moving to your lay down beside you, unbothered about your discomfort or permission.

You wondered if this meant that you could surface his past to him, now?

No. Y/n don't be stupid.

You stretched your hand further as he was laying on the right of the bed.

He took his phone back and didn't bother to explain his actions.

He read his song in a glance and then looked at you before he said "Didn't you make any changes?"

"Oh, I got lost, give it, I have something in mind that would sound great with this." You replied.

He yawned.

He real didn't sleep last night. You thought.

"Here" he said passing you his phone, again.

You read and see where you should put your words, you were very careful about this. You wondered if he would actually include these words in his song or was he just playing around with you.

You modify the last and the first verse,give some synonyms to the words and make it completely an English song. You wondered how would those words seem in his voice as you didn't even know how he sang. You hadn't ever listened to him singing and didn't know his genre, you were probably just playing along.

"Isn't it done already?" He said, frowning a little.

"Yes, just let me read it again." You said, focussed on his phone.

You took few more seconds before handing him his phone back.

"Ah, fragile truth......" He said as he scanned the lyrics. "Sounds cute." He added.

You mentally formed a question in your head.
"Will you tell me your fragile truth if I ask?"
But you decide that it might turn out to be immoral to ask it like that. So instead, you just smile softly after you see him keeping his phone in the centre of the bed indicating that it was all.

"So you write poems for a living? Are you a writer?" He asked, out of the blue as he rubbed his eyes.

"No, I'm not a writer. I had come here for an internship that would ensure me a job." You respond politely, thinking about when life was smooth.

"What do you do all day here, do you remember, you have a punishment under me?" He said.

Why is he so obsessed with a goddamn cartoon of himself? You ask the God.

"I think and listen to music and watch Seojoon's works so far and I think more, them, in a obsessive way and for your information, I have a fractured arm." you told him, hoping for a quirky reaction at the mention of Seojoon.

"Okay, do it later but, What kind of music?" He asked and you were surprised he didn't lay anymore stress on stop-obsessing-over-my-hyung thing.

"I listen to classics and piano pieces." You replied.

"Only that? Only that is your answer when someone asks you about your music taste, really?" He said, raising his eyebrows and facing you and that was when you noticed the dissimilarity in his two eyes.

That's a perfect imperfection. You thought yourself.

"Well. Yes, Taehyungsii, you see that my grandfather was a pianist and my mother was obsessed with classic music and she still is. And we used to go to alot of piano concerts. My father liked it as well. But my parents liked silence so I never listened to pop music on loud volumes or you could say I didn't like it much. Even so, when I passed my junior year high school, my father bought me a karaoke and we used to play that in the garden on weekends. Those were the days when I and dad used to be very very loud while my mother would grill meat for us. I wonder....." Your voice trailed off  as a tear escaped your eye.

You wiped your tears and glanced over at Taehyung but you smiled when you you found Taehyung had pulled your pillow towards himself and was close to sleep. You were glad that he didn't have to see you cry.

You were afraid that you'd break down in front of a not so unknown but still an unknown person in a not so unknown but still an unknown land.

You pulled duvet over him.

You decided to continue reading, 'To sir, with Love.' But before you could proceed, Taehyung's phone vibrated to a call.

'Jimin'

You picked up, to tell him that Taehyung was asleep but Jimin said something that surprised you way too much.

A/n

Please vote. It means alot to me. :)