63• maybe

He opened his mouth and sucked on a breathe, wondering if what was happening was real. 

You smiled at Jin who was standing just behind Taehyung.  Taehyung's clothes were messed up with food, his cheeks had noodles sticking out, you couldn't help smiling. 

It had been over a month since you had last seen all of the boys, you felt as if they had gotten happier. 

"Hi y/n?" Namjoon began, you averted your attention to him and everyone else in the room. 

" Uh, hey Oppa-" you attempted to speak as you usually did but you were surprised to find that your vice cracked as your eyes involuntarily went back to the person you had been missing the most.

He was just still, watching you ball your fists and resisting the urge to kiss you and feeling the  heat of your pink cheeks. 

You realised you were holding your breathe because of Taehyung's gaze on you.

You took a deep breathe before speaking.

"I need to see the officer." was all you said before turning back on your heels and making your way to si Hyuk's office. 

Taehyung gulped and looked down on the floor before Jimin came to hug him. 

He didn't hug back, Jin and Hoseok joined and added to the warmth, he didn't  hug back still.

Jungkook exchanged glances with Namjoon, both of them wondering what had happened and what was about to happen.

"What is she here for?" Yoongi asked. 

Taehyung shook his head as a picture of you standing in a beige blouse and blue denims with pain in the eyes crossed his mind.

He cursed the timing of the universe and bit his lip.

"I don't know" Taehyung answered weakly and pushed everyone away before walking out of the room. 

He washed up and changed his clothes before walking into his PDnim's huge office.

As he walked through the hallway, he could hear his heart pounding in his chest, so loud.

He felt hurt somehow, the way you had behaved when you saw him after a whole month.

He had expected a few words from you, he admitted that he didn't try but he was waiting for you to speak first because you had been the one to leave him.

He didn't know why but he wanted to take you by force and tell you that you couldn't leave him like that.

He wanted to hold you back, now that you were close enough to him, he didn't want to let you go again.

He found you sitting beside Bonghee and across the officer who had recorded his testimony about an hour ago.

He saw your mother beside, signing some papers that the officer had splayed across the table.

He subconsciously noticed that you had your mother's eyes.

His eyes met yours as you looked up from the table.

His eyes were dark enough to scare you, you didn't how to react, he had frozen you in his gaze.

His stance seemed powerful.

He walked in and when he noticed that his Dad wasn't there he checked his phone to see any text from his Dad.

He had one, saying that his father had left with his driver.

He was relieved to know that his father wouldn't be telling you about the mess he had made since you left.

"Ah, Taehyung, did you forget something?" Si Hyuk said from a different side of the room.