CHAPTER 3

Tae Hee leaned forward against the marble sink as she stared at herself in the mirror. The dinner was still going on and it seems like they have a lot to talk about. She excused herself to the restroom as she felt a bit suffocated inside the room. It doesn't help that her stomach was still growling but Mrs Lee warned her not to eat a lot – she claimed the act to be unladylike and she's supposed to stay slim. Tae Hee is not the type to go on a diet since her body doesn't gain weight easily and the fact that she only eats once or twice a day to save up the money helps her to always stay slim.

Tae Hee took out her new phone from her designer handbag and checked the time. It was nearly 10 pm. They replaced her old phone with the latest model in the market. She even got a new car and a luxury apartment to stay temporarily while she pretends to become Mina. They don't want her to stay in her old-looking neighbourhood.

She checked on herself for the last time before she exited the restroom. Her eyes caught the sight of Jungkook leaning against the wall near the restroom. His face was serious as he was staring at the floor. He seems to be waiting for someone.

Jungkook glanced up at Tae Hee when he heard the door clicked shut behind her. "Can I talk to you for a while?"

It took her a few seconds to respond. "Sure."

"Let's go to the garden." He pointed at the door that leads to a small garden behind the restaurant.

The fresh night air brushed her skin as they stepped outside. It was supposed to make her feel at ease but she felt nervous instead. She couldn't help but wonder why would he wanted to talk to her privately outside. Did he found out about my true identity?

Jungkook strolled around the garden with his hands behind him. He glanced over his shoulder to look at Tae Hee who was dawdling behind him, her head hung low. "You look like a child that is about to get scold by their parents."

"Huh?" Tae Hee looked up to meet his gaze. He was smiling at her. Stop smiling, Jeon Jungkook!

Jungkook stopped and turned around completely to face her. "I'm going to talk to you about our engagement and well – the marriage too."

She stopped in front of him, making sure there's a safe distance between them but not far enough so that she can hear him.

"Let me be honest here. I'm not that keen on this arrangement but this is what my parents want. I don't want to disappoint them so I will go along with his marriage and I hope you don't mind."

As expected, rich people and their loveless marriage. She monologue inside

"I don't know about you but it seems like we're on the same page. Since we're going to get married in a few months, let's get to know each other and be friends. You don't have to love me and you can go on a date with another guy but-" He paused for a while before he continued "Don't make it too obvious. People love to talk and the news may spread around quicker than you think."

"You mean the public will know about this marriage?" Her jaw dropped. She didn't expect this to happen. Getting a lot of attention is what she hates the most.

"Well-" He scratched the back of his head. "A lot of people in Seoul knows me so even if we're not on a tabloid, they might know about you soon."

Right, I forgot about Jihyo telling me that this guy is one of the hottest bachelors in town. I will have anti-fans soon. I should ask Seonghwa to give me extra protection from those crazy girls.

"So..." he continued, breaking Tae Hee from her train of thoughts. "What say you?"

"What?"

"About us being friends. We can be married and still have the freedom of doing anything we want but of course, with caution. We can't let our parents and other people know about it," said Jungkook.