CHAPTER 16

"Park Seonghwa! What are you doing over there? Come here!"

Seonghwa ran upon hearing his friend calling him over. The tall grasses gazed over his clothed legs as he ran passed through it and towards his friends. A wide smile never left his face. "Guys, wait for me!"

"Are you daydreaming? What are you doing standing like a statue?" Mingi, a tall guy with slightly curled hair said.

"He always look like a statue even if he didn't do anything. Bless his perfectly sculptured face," Jongho added. He's the youngest out of all of his group of friends and also Mingi's cousin.

The three boys sat on a wooden bench overlooking the lake in front of them.

"I was looking at the cute ladybug over there," Seonghwa said.

"Bugs are not cute." Jongho rolled his eyes.

"They can be cute sometimes," Mingi said.

"Not when they come to you uninvited," Jongho objected.

"You are strong for nothing, Choi Jongho," A voice interrupted them from behind. The three of them simultaneously turned to look at Hongjoong who just appeared with a smile etched on his face.

"Hongjoong, you're late! Is Hana not coming?" Mingi asked.

"Hana?" Hongjoong smiles faltered. His gaze shifted towards Seonghwa who looked at him back with a questioning look. The other two turned to look at Seonghwa with a confused look.

"What?" Seonghwa asked.

"You killed her. Don't you remember?" Hongjoong's face turned stone cold. He gritted his teeth. "My sister, you killed her!"

"Hongjoong, what are you-" Seonghwa noticed Mingi and Jongho wore a sad expression and disappointment was clear on their faces. They turned their back on him and walked away. "Guys, wait!" They didn't bother to stop and continued walking.

"I told you that I will never going to let you forget about it. You will regret what you'd done to her, Hwa," Hongjoong seethed. "You're a killer!"

"I'm not!" Seonghwa retorted back. "I told you I didn't know anything about it!"

"Then explain to me the blood on your hands!" Hongjoong pointed at Seonghwa hands.

Slowly Seonghwa looked down at his hands and shocked. He was holding a broken glass and his hands were covered in blood. Seonghwa trembled as he threw the glass away. He tried to wipe it off by rubbing it on his shirt.

He looked up and Hongjoong was not there anymore. Instead, he saw his father lying lifelessly on the ground. The man was covered in blood too and he's not breathing. Seonghwa saw his mom was crying as she looked at the figure of her husband.

Seonghwa raked his fingers through his hair as he stepped backwards slowly. Tears started to cascade down on his cheek.

"Seonghwa."

He heard someone was calling him. Seonghwa turned around and saw Hana. The girl was wearing a plain dress and her long straight hair was being blown by the wind. Her face was sad as she looked at Seonghwa. It came to his realisation that they were at rooftop of their old school.

"Hana?" Seonghwa inched closer towards her but the girl stepped back. She kept on moving further from him every time he walked towards her. The girl can't stop herself from crying.

Suddenly, something flashed in front of Seonghwa and blinded him. He squeezed his eyes shut and shielded it with his arms.

Slowly, Seonghwa's eyes fluttered open and he saw Hana sprawled on the floor. Blood kept on flowing from her head and her limbs were broken. Her plain dress was partly painted with her blood. She was holding a pin – her favourite flower pin that Seonghwa bought for her on her 13th birthday.