CHAPTER 8

Tae Hee checked herself in the mirror. She was wearing a sleeveless black cocktail dress that showcased a high neckline adorned with lovely lace throughout the bodice. The high waist satin skirt flairs out in an A-line shape that hung a few inches above her knees. Her long hair was curled and swept to a side and Jihyo put on a light makeup on her face.

When she was satisfied with herself, she grabbed her white glittered leather pouch and put on her matching black hatch closed toe platform heels.

"Tae Hee you look so gorgeous!" Jihyo clasped her hands and squealed. "Jungkook will definitely love this!"

"Jihyo..." Tae Hee gave up. There's no use to tell Jihyo that impressing Jungkook will be a fruitless attempt – although deep inside, Tae Hee had a small hope that he will like her appearance. "Never mind. Let's go."

Jihyo's car entered an iron gate of a luxurious villa located at the outskirt of Seoul. It took them approximately 30 minutes to reach there. She drove the car up a small hill until it reached an elegant marbled fountain. There's a medium tall, crystalline statue of a cupid holding a love bow at the centre of the fountain.

"This fountain might cost more than my fortune," Tae Hee mumbled.

"Maybe we should steal it," Jihyo giggled.

They parked the car at a parking lot, not far from the main entrance of the villa which was occupied with expensive cars.

"I started to regret bringing my ugly car," Jihyo muttered as her eyes trailed from one expensive car to another.

"They don't know whose car it is. Everyone will get drunk after the party." Tae Hee shrugged and made her way towards the entrance. She could hear loud music blasted from inside the house and people were enjoying themselves inside the huge living room. They were holding a glass filled with expensive liquor while swaying their body from side to side.

A bar filled with expensive liquors can be seen at the corner of the room. There's bar stools where you can hang out and chat with the bartenders that were working behind the bar counter. The sound of people chatting and laughing filled the living room.

Tae Hee bit her lower lips as she felt nervous being in a crowded space. She didn't know how to mingle with these people and it seems like this was not their first time here. She clung on Jihyo's arm and whispered to her. "What are we going to do here?"

"What do you mean? We should enjoy!" Jihyo's eyes were gleaming with excitement as she never attends such a huge and luxurious party before. "Try to loosen up a bit and enjoy yourself tonight."

"I'm not a party people." Tae Hee rolled her eyes.

"Chill Tae – I mean Mina. I can't make a mistake." Jihyo tapped her mouth. "Let's get a drink!" She dragged Tae Hee towards the bar and ordered herself and Tae Hee a cocktail. Jihyo is a social butterfly so it didn't take her long to start a conversation with the handsome bartender.

"What's this?" Tae Hee asked Jihyo when the bartender handed her a small glass filled with pink liquid and some sliced limes inside it. Her forehead creased as she smelled the drink, trying to figure out what's inside the drink.

"That's Vodka and watermelon punch, for a sweet looking girl like you," the bartender smiled at Tae Hee. "And for your friend-" He handed a blood-coloured looking drink. "Bloody Mary." He winked at Jihyo and the latter giggled at him.

Tae Hee took a small sip of her drink. The alcohol burned her throat but there's a sweet taste from the watermelon. "Not that bad," she mumbled.

"Do you like my party?" Jimin appeared at her side. He was wearing a satin shirt and dark blue jeans. His blonde hair was parted at the middle.